- Posts: 129
- Thank you received: 0
Joomla Registration Custom Field
9 years 3 months ago #271633
by nic7071
Joomla Registration Custom Field was created by nic7071
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
hello,
I'm creating a new template for my old site and in this template, I decided to use Joomla registration and login as my main sign in/up system.
but the problem is that I have lots of users that their information was previously saving in Joomla default user table and I have added a custom field to main Joomla registration for the phone number.
now I wanna know how can I force Hikashop registration to save the value of "Hikashop registration phone number custom field" inside my old table cell that I created inside Joomla default user table in the database that was saving the phone number on Joomla registration page.
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
hello,
I'm creating a new template for my old site and in this template, I decided to use Joomla registration and login as my main sign in/up system.
but the problem is that I have lots of users that their information was previously saving in Joomla default user table and I have added a custom field to main Joomla registration for the phone number.
now I wanna know how can I force Hikashop registration to save the value of "Hikashop registration phone number custom field" inside my old table cell that I created inside Joomla default user table in the database that was saving the phone number on Joomla registration page.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 months ago #271641
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Joomla Registration Custom Field
Hi,
I'm not following you. HikaShop has no phone number field which can be saved in the Joomla profile.
The custom fields of HikaShop can only save themselves in HikaShop tables.
A custom user field would be saved in hikashop_user, an address custom field would be saved in hikashop_address.
If you want to save it somewhere else and supposing that you're using the HikaShop registration form, you would need to develop a small plugin, implement in it a hikashop trigger like onAfterUserCreate or onAfterAddressCreate to take the value of the custom field and add it in Joomla where needed with your custom code.
I'm not following you. HikaShop has no phone number field which can be saved in the Joomla profile.
The custom fields of HikaShop can only save themselves in HikaShop tables.
A custom user field would be saved in hikashop_user, an address custom field would be saved in hikashop_address.
If you want to save it somewhere else and supposing that you're using the HikaShop registration form, you would need to develop a small plugin, implement in it a hikashop trigger like onAfterUserCreate or onAfterAddressCreate to take the value of the custom field and add it in Joomla where needed with your custom code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds