- Posts: 139
- Thank you received: 10
hikashop contact us for more information email address?
9 years 1 month ago #275258
by paurray
hikashop contact us for more information email address? was created by paurray
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : PHP 7.1.7 .
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi HikaShop
I have the “contact us for more information” switched on for products e.g. here:
www.finalbug.net/store/product/23-fcpx-foundations
The thing is that the email address that is being used is paul@finalbug.tv
I want to use paul@finalbug.net
Where is this email address coming from!?!
In HikaShop
Configuration Emails I have: paul@finalbug.net
In Joomla
Global Configuration
In the Server Tab
In the Mail Settings Tab “From Email” I have : paul@finalbug.net
Is there a third place for emails???
Where I can change paul@finalbug.tv to paul@finalbug.net for “contact us for more information” form???
thanks
Paul
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : PHP 7.1.7 .
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi HikaShop
I have the “contact us for more information” switched on for products e.g. here:
www.finalbug.net/store/product/23-fcpx-foundations
The thing is that the email address that is being used is paul@finalbug.tv
I want to use paul@finalbug.net
Where is this email address coming from!?!
In HikaShop
Configuration Emails I have: paul@finalbug.net
In Joomla
Global Configuration
In the Server Tab
In the Mail Settings Tab “From Email” I have : paul@finalbug.net
Is there a third place for emails???
Where I can change paul@finalbug.tv to paul@finalbug.net for “contact us for more information” form???
thanks
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275266
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic hikashop contact us for more information email address?
Hi,
The email address used come either from the from setting in the HikaShop configuration.
However, with HikaMarket there is an option to override the sending of the contact email with the email address of the vendor. But that should only be possible with HikaMarket Multivendor, not with the front edition that you have so I don't see why it would come from that. But it's worth checking on.
The email address used come either from the from setting in the HikaShop configuration.
However, with HikaMarket there is an option to override the sending of the contact email with the email address of the vendor. But that should only be possible with HikaMarket Multivendor, not with the front edition that you have so I don't see why it would come from that. But it's worth checking on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275328
by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic hikashop contact us for more information email address?
Hi Nicolas
I think you might be right about HikaMarket over riding the email!
The HikaMarket was indeed paul@finalbug.tv and I switched it to paul@finalbug.net.
And I guess this now works as expected.
So maybe this is a little buggy!
Please see screen shots
best
Paul
I think you might be right about HikaMarket over riding the email!
The HikaMarket was indeed paul@finalbug.tv and I switched it to paul@finalbug.net.
And I guess this now works as expected.
So maybe this is a little buggy!
Please see screen shots
best
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275331
by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic hikashop contact us for more information email address?
hi, hi
I have another idea...
I believe that the following is happening....
When I am logged in as an Easy Social User Hika Shop is pulling the Email address associated with my User account!
And doing an auto fill for me!
best
Paul
I have another idea...
I believe that the following is happening....
When I am logged in as an Easy Social User Hika Shop is pulling the Email address associated with my User account!
And doing an auto fill for me!
best
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275339
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic hikashop contact us for more information email address?
Hi,
The email is sent by HikaShop and HikaShop doesn't use anything else that the email in the from of the HikaShop email configuration.
The only way something else would be used is if a third party extension overrides the email, like HikaMarket does.
Now I'm not sure why you're talking about auto fill and giving a screenshot of the contact form.
I thought that you were talking about the receiver of the contact us request. But it seems with your latest messages that you're about the email field of the contact form (which is only used for the administrator to be able to reply to the customer. That field contains the email address of the customer if logged in. If not, it's empty but it can be auto filled by your browser based on how your browser is configured.
The email is sent by HikaShop and HikaShop doesn't use anything else that the email in the from of the HikaShop email configuration.
The only way something else would be used is if a third party extension overrides the email, like HikaMarket does.
Now I'm not sure why you're talking about auto fill and giving a screenshot of the contact form.
I thought that you were talking about the receiver of the contact us request. But it seems with your latest messages that you're about the email field of the contact form (which is only used for the administrator to be able to reply to the customer. That field contains the email address of the customer if logged in. If not, it's empty but it can be auto filled by your browser based on how your browser is configured.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275414
by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic hikashop contact us for more information email address?
Hi Nicolas
You are of course right. Sorry about the confusion.
all is well thanks
Paul
That field contains the email address of the customer if logged in. If not, it's empty but it can be auto filled by your browser based on how your browser is configured.
You are of course right. Sorry about the confusion.
all is well thanks
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds