- Posts: 136
- Thank you received: 7
Hikashop vs. Hikamarket registration forms uses div-dl vs. table
9 years 1 month ago #276748
by flexsus
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi
I understand that Hikashop is turning away from Bootstrap CSS design. I have disabled it in Legacy settings.
I'm having trouble designing my two registration forms for Users and Vendors. For the Users (Hikashop) the signup form uses TABLE and this gives me scroll in mobile and tablet view. I would like just to use the same style as for the Vendors (Hikamarket) where DIV and DL is used.
Users
[mydomain.dk]/tilmeld
Getting scroll in mobile view.
Vendors
[mydomain.dk]/bliv-myfarmer/vendor/form
This form is perfect!
I have done some override to both registatration.php files and my questions is: Should I start replacing TABLE design with Definition List design or what can I expect in future Hikashop versions? It does not seem to me that I should override registration_bootstrap.php even though I can see this file uses DIV.
Regards,
Henrik
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi
I understand that Hikashop is turning away from Bootstrap CSS design. I have disabled it in Legacy settings.
I'm having trouble designing my two registration forms for Users and Vendors. For the Users (Hikashop) the signup form uses TABLE and this gives me scroll in mobile and tablet view. I would like just to use the same style as for the Vendors (Hikamarket) where DIV and DL is used.
Users
[mydomain.dk]/tilmeld
Getting scroll in mobile view.
Vendors
[mydomain.dk]/bliv-myfarmer/vendor/form
This form is perfect!
I have done some override to both registatration.php files and my questions is: Should I start replacing TABLE design with Definition List design or what can I expect in future Hikashop versions? It does not seem to me that I should override registration_bootstrap.php even though I can see this file uses DIV.
Regards,
Henrik
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276779
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop vs. Hikamarket registration forms uses div-dl vs. table
Hi,
The table display on the HikaShop form is indeed an old view display.
In fact, you can activate the "use bootstrap design" setting of the HikaShop configuration to switch to a div display without a table (it will however require bootstrap to be loaded by your template).
The plan for the future is to actually redo that registration form page to get ride of the table and boostrap so that it works with our own system, like on the checkout with divs, responsive no matter how the template is made, etc.
The table display on the HikaShop form is indeed an old view display.
In fact, you can activate the "use bootstrap design" setting of the HikaShop configuration to switch to a div display without a table (it will however require bootstrap to be loaded by your template).
The plan for the future is to actually redo that registration form page to get ride of the table and boostrap so that it works with our own system, like on the checkout with divs, responsive no matter how the template is made, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276806
by flexsus
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Replied by flexsus on topic Hikashop vs. Hikamarket registration forms uses div-dl vs. table
Hi Nicolas
Thank you for your answer.
I will wait for your updates to Hikashop. I don't wanna enable legacy setting bootstrap to get the registration_bootstrap.php file to load and start customizing this file. If I enabled the bootstrap setting, if will also influence on other designs.
Thank you
Regards,
Henrik
Thank you for your answer.
I will wait for your updates to Hikashop. I don't wanna enable legacy setting bootstrap to get the registration_bootstrap.php file to load and start customizing this file. If I enabled the bootstrap setting, if will also influence on other designs.
Thank you
Regards,
Henrik
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276822
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop vs. Hikamarket registration forms uses div-dl vs. table
Hi,
If you don't have customized views from before HikaShop 3, it shouldn't change much as the listings/product pages/checkout/cart system have all been completely rewritten without it. The registration form is almost the only one we didn't do yet.
So it's worth a try, but yes, it will be redone so if you can wait, it's worth it.
If you don't have customized views from before HikaShop 3, it shouldn't change much as the listings/product pages/checkout/cart system have all been completely rewritten without it. The registration form is almost the only one we didn't do yet.
So it's worth a try, but yes, it will be redone so if you can wait, it's worth it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds