- Posts: 64
- Thank you received: 7
Change usergroup through Filemaker
8 years 10 months ago #281973
by justme
Change usergroup through Filemaker was created by justme
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : NA
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
The changing of the usergroup after purchase works fine. But we use this feature through a Filemaker database. Our orders are processed through filemaker and the order-confirmation and sending-confirmation is send through filemaker. Because we confirm the order through filemaker (directly in the mysql database) the plugin is not triggered and therefore the usergroup is not altered. Is there anyway to trigger this or change the usergroup through filemaker after the order is confirmed?
NB. I am aware that my hikashop version is outdated, updating however changes all my css files and so my whole website is not looking as it should. I haven't figured out how to prevent this from happening and therefore I can't yet update.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : NA
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
The changing of the usergroup after purchase works fine. But we use this feature through a Filemaker database. Our orders are processed through filemaker and the order-confirmation and sending-confirmation is send through filemaker. Because we confirm the order through filemaker (directly in the mysql database) the plugin is not triggered and therefore the usergroup is not altered. Is there anyway to trigger this or change the usergroup through filemaker after the order is confirmed?
NB. I am aware that my hikashop version is outdated, updating however changes all my css files and so my whole website is not looking as it should. I haven't figured out how to prevent this from happening and therefore I can't yet update.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 10 months ago #281974
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Change usergroup through Filemaker
Hello,
I don't know what is "filemaker" but it is sure that your request would need a custom development.
But unfortunately, for what I can see and understand ; it won't be something related to HikaShop since the main stuff is not made in HikaShop but in that "filemaker". So you have to see what you can do with that software.
Just in case, here the developer documentation of HikaShop :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
Regards,
I don't know what is "filemaker" but it is sure that your request would need a custom development.
But unfortunately, for what I can see and understand ; it won't be something related to HikaShop since the main stuff is not made in HikaShop but in that "filemaker". So you have to see what you can do with that software.
Just in case, here the developer documentation of HikaShop :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 10 months ago #281995
by justme
Replied by justme on topic Change usergroup through Filemaker
Filemaker is just a database program that connects to the mysql database of the website (hikashop). So I only tell Filemaker to edit a field in the mysql database. Like setting the order to confirmed. But because it is not done through the backend of the website, the plugin is not triggered.
Anyway as I typed my previous message I realised that if I can change the order status, I can obviously also change the usergroup. And so for anyone else that works with Filemaker (great program to manage your customers and orders):
I have added a script that changes the usergroup of the customer id in prefix_user_usergroup_map. This script is added to the script that changes the order status. So when we click on order confirmed in filemaker, the order is set to confirmed and the usergroup is changed. This works like a charm!
So thanks for your reply, but I have found the solution.
Anyway as I typed my previous message I realised that if I can change the order status, I can obviously also change the usergroup. And so for anyone else that works with Filemaker (great program to manage your customers and orders):
I have added a script that changes the usergroup of the customer id in prefix_user_usergroup_map. This script is added to the script that changes the order status. So when we click on order confirmed in filemaker, the order is set to confirmed and the usergroup is changed. This works like a charm!
So thanks for your reply, but I have found the solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds