- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 8
Questions about cart management backend
8 years 6 months ago #288931
by Udo
Questions about cart management backend was created by Udo
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33
Hi,
I'm puzzled about the cart management in the backend (in menu Customers)
Sometimes there are many carts in the listing with the same customer/IP address, with no or only a few minutes time difference. These customers are not logged in.
When I add a product to the cart myself, my cart is shown in the listing. And after that I add another product, and after that I delete a product. These changes are done in the original cart in the listing, not in a new cart.
That's the way it should be, I suppose.
So I wonder: why have some customers a few carts within a very short time? Should I change some configuration?
Details of the configuration: Multi carts are not enabled.
The cart retaining period is 12 hours; the frequency of the check is 12 hours.
Cachetime: 30 minutes (system cache conservative)
Regards,
Udo
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33
Hi,
I'm puzzled about the cart management in the backend (in menu Customers)
Sometimes there are many carts in the listing with the same customer/IP address, with no or only a few minutes time difference. These customers are not logged in.
When I add a product to the cart myself, my cart is shown in the listing. And after that I add another product, and after that I delete a product. These changes are done in the original cart in the listing, not in a new cart.
That's the way it should be, I suppose.
So I wonder: why have some customers a few carts within a very short time? Should I change some configuration?
Details of the configuration: Multi carts are not enabled.
The cart retaining period is 12 hours; the frequency of the check is 12 hours.
Cachetime: 30 minutes (system cache conservative)
Regards,
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #288947
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Questions about cart management backend
Hi,
These carts are probably generated by crawlers.
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/890838-s...-to-cart-button.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/891589-m...m-carts-created.html
These carts are probably generated by crawlers.
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/890838-s...-to-cart-button.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/891589-m...m-carts-created.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #289042
by Udo
Replied by Udo on topic Questions about cart management backend
Thanks, Nicolas.
I've disallowed /*updatecart/add* in robots.txt and now carts generated by search engines are gone.
A remark: why logging the temporary carts at all?
Perhaps it's useful for some shops, I wonder why.
Regards,
Udo
I've disallowed /*updatecart/add* in robots.txt and now carts generated by search engines are gone.
A remark: why logging the temporary carts at all?
Perhaps it's useful for some shops, I wonder why.
Regards,
Udo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #289047
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Questions about cart management backend
Hi,
It is useful for many things.
For example, if you want to enforce stock quantity check on the carts and not on the orders. We don't have that feature yet, but that could be something to add.
Similarily, if you want to do mass actions on the carts, the carts need to be in the database.
Or if you want to build statistics on the carts, or if you want to have a cart/checkout system which can work with web services (like we plan on doing).
There is no advantage of not doing it as far as I can see, but many for doing it.
It is useful for many things.
For example, if you want to enforce stock quantity check on the carts and not on the orders. We don't have that feature yet, but that could be something to add.
Similarily, if you want to do mass actions on the carts, the carts need to be in the database.
Or if you want to build statistics on the carts, or if you want to have a cart/checkout system which can work with web services (like we plan on doing).
There is no advantage of not doing it as far as I can see, but many for doing it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds