- Posts: 86239
- Thank you received: 14228
Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
8 years 2 months ago #295941
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Hi,
My mass action is configured like that:
monosnap.com/file/JiF8u3I02eoczk55LXV8ojyaPBFP4A
And the file:
monosnap.com/file/nv3qGc91hi6AKxxgB9rj9LrtZVu6Fa
I tried with the "confirmed" order status but I don't think it would make a difference with another one.
My mass action is configured like that:
monosnap.com/file/JiF8u3I02eoczk55LXV8ojyaPBFP4A
And the file:
monosnap.com/file/nv3qGc91hi6AKxxgB9rj9LrtZVu6Fa
I tried with the "confirmed" order status but I don't think it would make a difference with another one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #296038
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Hello I am sorry it really is not working?
I have attached proof of my file changes and mass action settings and I am still not receiving my modified email through the processing of the mass action.
I reiterate again it is working fine if I manually notify the customer when changing the order status manually.
What could be causing this not to work for me but it will for you?
Would it be possible for you to take a look for yourself in the backend and try and get this sorted, its been many weeks now and I have still not got this working for my client.
Thanks
I have attached proof of my file changes and mass action settings and I am still not receiving my modified email through the processing of the mass action.
I reiterate again it is working fine if I manually notify the customer when changing the order status manually.
What could be causing this not to work for me but it will for you?
Would it be possible for you to take a look for yourself in the backend and try and get this sorted, its been many weeks now and I have still not got this working for my client.
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by dancingkazzaf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 1 month ago #296059
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Hi,
Ok, please provide a backend and a FTP access along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Ok, please provide a backend and a FTP access along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 1 month ago #296117
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
I have sent over the details to you. Hope you can get it resolved.
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 1 month ago #296118
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Hi,
Thanks, I found the issue. The mass actions filter/action on the order status wouldn't work properly when the namekey of the order status was different from the name of the order status, and you were exactly in that case with the "Review" / "Prodcut Review" order status.
So you have two solutions:
- either recreate / modify your order status to have the same namekey/name.
- or download again the install package of the 3.5.1 and install it again to get the patch
AND then in both cases, edit again your mass action, select again the status if necessary and SAVE the mass action once to register the change.
Thanks, I found the issue. The mass actions filter/action on the order status wouldn't work properly when the namekey of the order status was different from the name of the order status, and you were exactly in that case with the "Review" / "Prodcut Review" order status.
So you have two solutions:
- either recreate / modify your order status to have the same namekey/name.
- or download again the install package of the 3.5.1 and install it again to get the patch
AND then in both cases, edit again your mass action, select again the status if necessary and SAVE the mass action once to register the change.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 1 month ago #296138
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Thank you so much I have made all the alterations and it submits the correct email now when processing
Thanks you!
Now If I add some settings to the the mass action to send this review email 5 days after purchase. Do I need to setup a cron job to automatically process it?
I have attached my mass action setup.
Thanks
Now If I add some settings to the the mass action to send this review email 5 days after purchase. Do I need to setup a cron job to automatically process it?
I have attached my mass action setup.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
8 years 1 month ago #296147
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Hello,
You'll just have to configure your Cron via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Cron" using the "Minimum delay between two cron tasks" option so that it will at least launch your Cron every 5 day.
Also, setting the "Triggers" option of your Mass action to "Every days" should do the job.
You'll just have to configure your Cron via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Cron" using the "Minimum delay between two cron tasks" option so that it will at least launch your Cron every 5 day.
Also, setting the "Triggers" option of your Mass action to "Every days" should do the job.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 1 month ago #296198
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Excellent thanks. I will get that setup and see how it goes. Thanks for all your help again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
7 years 11 months ago #298873
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Hello, to carry on from this post. I have been moving the settings over to the live site however when I process an email I receive the email but the images and the customers details are coming through unfilled. What would be causing this?
I have attached an example of the email below.
I have attached an example of the email below.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 11 months ago #298875
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Hi,
The template system which replaces the tags in the email will only be able to replace the tags that have been declared in the preload of the emails. So that means that you must have an issue with the code in the preload of your email.
The template system which replaces the tags in the email will only be able to replace the tags that have been declared in the preload of the emails. So that means that you must have an issue with the code in the preload of your email.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
7 years 11 months ago #298911
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Hello,
Oh right. I am not sure why or how it has fixed itself then. I have ran a test this morning and it seems to be calling in all the customer details now.
Thanks
Oh right. I am not sure why or how it has fixed itself then. I have ran a test this morning and it seems to be calling in all the customer details now.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 3 months ago #307191
by Lumiga
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Replied by Lumiga on topic Sending reminder emails a couple days after a customer order status is shipped
Thanks Hikashop for developing a reminder plugin! 
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/241-reminder-plugin.html
Kind regards,
Lumiga
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/241-reminder-plugin.html
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Kind regards,
Lumiga
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds