- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
email address for shipping address included in order notification to admin
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
7 years 9 months ago #301134
by aimlesslady
email address for shipping address included in order notification to admin was created by aimlesslady
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 61.0.2
How do I include the email address for the shipping address (which is the gift receiver's info) on the email that is sent to the admin with the order notification?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 61.0.2
How do I include the email address for the shipping address (which is the gift receiver's info) on the email that is sent to the admin with the order notification?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 9 months ago #301176
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic email address for shipping address included in order notification to admin
Hi,
You can add such tag in the HTML section of the email when you edit it in the menu System>Emails: {VAR:shipping_address.XXX}
where XXX is the column name of your custom address field.
You can add such tag in the HTML section of the email when you edit it in the menu System>Emails: {VAR:shipping_address.XXX}
where XXX is the column name of your custom address field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
7 years 9 months ago #301184
by aimlesslady
Replied by aimlesslady on topic email address for shipping address included in order notification to admin
Thank you for your response. The email address field that I want to display on the email for the shipping address is in the address table. The field is displayed on the front end in BOTH the billing AND shipping info. I only want it in the Shipping since as a registered user, the user's email address should already be included in the customer's info. How do I make a custom field JUST for the shipping address info and where in the email do I add {VAR:shipping_address.emailaddress} ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 9 months ago #301187
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic email address for shipping address included in order notification to admin
Hi,
There is no setting to restrict a custom address field to only one type of address.
This requires the billing and shipping addresses to be separated by type and this was not the case until HikaShop 3.5.0.
That's something we did with recent versions of HikaShop and so that's something we'll be able to add in the future.
Regarding the tag, you can add it in the HTML area of your email via the menu System>Emails as I was saying.
Where you add it in there depends on where you want it to be displayed in the email so I can't tell you precisely. I would recommend to try some locations until you get it at the place you want with a few tests.
There is no setting to restrict a custom address field to only one type of address.
This requires the billing and shipping addresses to be separated by type and this was not the case until HikaShop 3.5.0.
That's something we did with recent versions of HikaShop and so that's something we'll be able to add in the future.
Regarding the tag, you can add it in the HTML area of your email via the menu System>Emails as I was saying.
Where you add it in there depends on where you want it to be displayed in the email so I can't tell you precisely. I would recommend to try some locations until you get it at the place you want with a few tests.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds