- Posts: 33
- Thank you received: 2
Message on registration form in different languages
7 years 5 months ago #305473
by softdune
Message on registration form in different languages was created by softdune
Hi,
I would like to add a message to the registration form in the context of:
<<
Registration for retailers only
If you are a retailer interested to become ... blablabla....
>>
I currently did this by changing the registration.php
This works fine when you use one language.
Since I'm working on a multi-lingual site, I would like to understand how do add a text , which I would be different depending on the selected language.
I would like to add a message to the registration form in the context of:
<<
Registration for retailers only
If you are a retailer interested to become ... blablabla....
>>
I currently did this by changing the registration.php
This works fine when you use one language.
Since I'm working on a multi-lingual site, I would like to understand how do add a text , which I would be different depending on the selected language.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 5 months ago #305478
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Message on registration form in different languages
In the registration.php file (or in any PHP file of your website), instead of directly writting your text, you can do:
<?php echo JText::_('TRANSLATION_KEY'); ?>
and then in each language override file of your website, you can add such line:
TRANSLATION_KEY="My text"
That's not really a HikaShop thing. That's purely Joomla's way of translating static text.
Some explanation provided by Joomla for templates as reference:
docs.joomla.org/Making_templates_translatable
<?php echo JText::_('TRANSLATION_KEY'); ?>
and then in each language override file of your website, you can add such line:
TRANSLATION_KEY="My text"
That's not really a HikaShop thing. That's purely Joomla's way of translating static text.
Some explanation provided by Joomla for templates as reference:
docs.joomla.org/Making_templates_translatable
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 5 months ago #305513
by softdune
Replied by softdune on topic Message on registration form in different languages
Thanks Nicolas. Very helpfull
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds