- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 1
hotmail account not receiving emails
7 years 4 months ago #306155
by szokpb
hotmail account not receiving emails was created by szokpb
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.dannyabrahamsart.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
Hi,
I have a problem with notifications about payments and created orders. It is send to every email except hotmail.com I have tried to change every possible setting one by one and it doesn't make any difference. The joomla is also working fine, I've been trying settings as PHP and currently I am on SMTP. All settings for SMTP has been confirmed with host-admin.
The problem is affecting ONLY hotmail.com. Any suggestion?
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
Hi,
I have a problem with notifications about payments and created orders. It is send to every email except hotmail.com I have tried to change every possible setting one by one and it doesn't make any difference. The joomla is also working fine, I've been trying settings as PHP and currently I am on SMTP. All settings for SMTP has been confirmed with host-admin.
The problem is affecting ONLY hotmail.com. Any suggestion?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 4 months ago #306162
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic hotmail account not receiving emails
Hi,
Having issues sending emails to hotmail addresses is common.
First you need to check the spamminess of your emails. You can use www.mail-tester.com/ for that. It will tell you if everything is correct with your email setup.
If everything there is correct, then I would recommend following the different solutions proposed here:
forums.cpanel.net/threads/cannot-send-em...ail-accounts.619687/
Here are the solutions, with some more explanations:
- check the log of the SMTP server to get the error message as why hotmail refused the email (you might need to ask your hosting for that)
- enrolling in Microsoft's JMRP/SNDS
- check that emails comply with hotmail's policy: postmaster.live.com/mail/policies.aspx
- contact hotmail's support: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=614866
- use another email SMTP sending service than your hosting's. For example there is elasticemail.com/
Having issues sending emails to hotmail addresses is common.
First you need to check the spamminess of your emails. You can use www.mail-tester.com/ for that. It will tell you if everything is correct with your email setup.
If everything there is correct, then I would recommend following the different solutions proposed here:
forums.cpanel.net/threads/cannot-send-em...ail-accounts.619687/
Here are the solutions, with some more explanations:
- check the log of the SMTP server to get the error message as why hotmail refused the email (you might need to ask your hosting for that)
- enrolling in Microsoft's JMRP/SNDS
- check that emails comply with hotmail's policy: postmaster.live.com/mail/policies.aspx
- contact hotmail's support: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=614866
- use another email SMTP sending service than your hosting's. For example there is elasticemail.com/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds