- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Receiving and sending emails fron/to customers/guest
6 years 2 months ago #321518
by coquin
Receiving and sending emails fron/to customers/guest was created by coquin
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0 business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.27
I'm encauntering some difficulties about emails managing.. feeling like a newbie.
1) If somebody sends info request via contact form (the Hikashop one), I receive a notification from the site to my gmail account (in accordance with joomla mail configuration) and the mail gets listed in hika history.
But how to reply to the email? If I reply via my account it does not look like a reply from the site, but from a personal account.
If I simply reply to the notification, the mails goes to the site,of course
What am I missing?
2) Let's assume that I have to send some communication to all customers or to a specific group or even to one/some specific customer/s, how can I do it?
Thank you very much.
Ruggero
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.27
I'm encauntering some difficulties about emails managing.. feeling like a newbie.
1) If somebody sends info request via contact form (the Hikashop one), I receive a notification from the site to my gmail account (in accordance with joomla mail configuration) and the mail gets listed in hika history.
But how to reply to the email? If I reply via my account it does not look like a reply from the site, but from a personal account.
If I simply reply to the notification, the mails goes to the site,of course
What am I missing?
2) Let's assume that I have to send some communication to all customers or to a specific group or even to one/some specific customer/s, how can I do it?
Thank you very much.
Ruggero
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago #321521
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Receiving and sending emails fron/to customers/guest
Hi,
1. The contact request email is sent to the "from" email address you configured in the settings of the Emails section in the HikaShop configuration. And it can be changed if you edit the email via the menu System>Emails.
Now if you have myname@mywebsite.com there, and that your email server is configured to transfer the emails to your gmail box, then you need to allow your gmail box to be able to send emails as myname@mywebsite.com
support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en
2. You usually want to use a newsletter extension for that, like AcyMailing, which is the reference on Joomla to do that.
www.acymailing.com/
1. The contact request email is sent to the "from" email address you configured in the settings of the Emails section in the HikaShop configuration. And it can be changed if you edit the email via the menu System>Emails.
Now if you have myname@mywebsite.com there, and that your email server is configured to transfer the emails to your gmail box, then you need to allow your gmail box to be able to send emails as myname@mywebsite.com
support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en
2. You usually want to use a newsletter extension for that, like AcyMailing, which is the reference on Joomla to do that.
www.acymailing.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: coquin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds