- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
Free product visibility to specific customers group.
6 years 1 week ago #323992
by Marcin71
Free product visibility to specific customers group. was created by Marcin71
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
skalarki-electronics.eu/en/onlineshop/product/home-user-license
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
Hi
I am trying to set this scenario:
- free product for users from dedicated group. so the price is 0
- paid product for all other users. the price is £100
So I can set price for all users except my special group. But I can't add another price which is 0 - free product for my group.
Would this be a bug or I am missing something?
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
Hi
I am trying to set this scenario:
- free product for users from dedicated group. so the price is 0
- paid product for all other users. the price is £100
So I can set price for all users except my special group. But I can't add another price which is 0 - free product for my group.
Would this be a bug or I am missing something?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 week ago #323999
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Free product visibility to specific customers group.
Hi,
0 is considered as not a price so when you save a price with a value of 0, it will remove it.
So it's not a bug.
There are two ways to do it though:
- instead of 0, you could write 0.00001 In that case, the price will be rounded to 0 when displaying it on the frontend, but the system will accept the price as it's not 0.
- Instead of using a price in each product you want to be free for a specific user group, you could instead create one discount with a 100% discount and restrict that discount to the user group (and maybe products) you want.
0 is considered as not a price so when you save a price with a value of 0, it will remove it.
So it's not a bug.
There are two ways to do it though:
- instead of 0, you could write 0.00001 In that case, the price will be rounded to 0 when displaying it on the frontend, but the system will accept the price as it's not 0.
- Instead of using a price in each product you want to be free for a specific user group, you could instead create one discount with a 100% discount and restrict that discount to the user group (and maybe products) you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 week ago #324007
by Marcin71
Replied by Marcin71 on topic Free product visibility to specific customers group.
Superb. Thanks a lot for a hint.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds