Skip to main content

Spam Accounts

More
5 years 2 months ago #334351 by Dragon41673
Spam Accounts was created by Dragon41673
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3

As I had mentioned before I'm getting SLAMMED with Spam user accounts. Don't know why, but activity has increased to the point it has become a problem.

In my attempt to limit this issue, I've come to find out that the Account Creation that HikaShop uses, IGNORES the User Options set in Joomla to block specific domains. In the attached image, you can see I have a bunch (more are off screen) domains that are supposed to be blocked, but I continue to receive fake user accounts from these domains.

What can be done about this so these domains can be blocked? I literally went through today and deleted over 1300 fake users on my site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #334357 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Spam Accounts
Hi,

These email domain rules are ignored by HikaShop indeed.
What you can do is use an extension like this one:
www.joomlashack.com/joomla-extensions/ospam-a-not/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum