- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 2
Customer registration form ignores Joomla password lower case chars requirement
4 years 4 days ago #345073
by yorkits
Customer registration form ignores Joomla password lower case chars requirement was created by yorkits
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 105.0.5195.102
Hi Guys,
I have a site with the user password requirements of min 8 characters, min numbers 0, min symbols 1, min upper case 1 and min lower case 1.
I tried to create a test user with a password of "all lower case" and received an error saying "COM_USERS_MSG_NOT_ENOUGH_UPPERCASE_LETTERS_N". I then changed the password to "ALL UPPER CASE" and resubmitted the form. This time it accepted the password without a lower case character.
So it seems the registration form is ignoring the lower case character requirement.
Also, is it possible for the registration form to have a label or tool tip saying what the password complexity is?
Thank you
Dave
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 105.0.5195.102
Hi Guys,
I have a site with the user password requirements of min 8 characters, min numbers 0, min symbols 1, min upper case 1 and min lower case 1.
I tried to create a test user with a password of "all lower case" and received an error saying "COM_USERS_MSG_NOT_ENOUGH_UPPERCASE_LETTERS_N". I then changed the password to "ALL UPPER CASE" and resubmitted the form. This time it accepted the password without a lower case character.
So it seems the registration form is ignoring the lower case character requirement.
Also, is it possible for the registration form to have a label or tool tip saying what the password complexity is?
Thank you
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 3 days ago #345076
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Customer registration form ignores Joomla password lower case chars requirement
Hi,
The issue was actually reported in another thread 2 days ago:
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...-short-n.html#345012
As you can read there, the issue is linked to changed made by Joomla 4 in how they handle the password rules compared to before.
We've made a patch for this so that it works properly on Joomla 4.
So update to HikaShop 4.6.2 and you won't have the problem.
The issue was actually reported in another thread 2 days ago:
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...-short-n.html#345012
As you can read there, the issue is linked to changed made by Joomla 4 in how they handle the password rules compared to before.
We've made a patch for this so that it works properly on Joomla 4.
So update to HikaShop 4.6.2 and you won't have the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yorkits
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 1 day ago #345140
by yorkits
Replied by yorkits on topic Customer registration form ignores Joomla password lower case chars requirement
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your reply. Sorry I thought the related topic was just about the language file covering the password error message. However, I have installed the latest version and both the error message and the password rules issue have been fixed, so thank you for that.
Best wishes
Dave
Thank you for your reply. Sorry I thought the related topic was just about the language file covering the password error message. However, I have installed the latest version and both the error message and the password rules issue have been fixed, so thank you for that.
Best wishes
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds