- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 2
Download area - link not active on re-purchase
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
Hi.
The page is selling digital downloads for a small fee. When buying the download, the customer gets the link in an e-mail and the link appears in the download area. The customer has 24 hours to do the download and can do it several times in that period.
The problem is when the customers buys the same download again later. Then he will get a valid link in the e-mail but the link in the download area is not open. It's like the download area does not acknowledge the new purchase and even though it shows the link and the 'Last purchased at' date, the link is not open, and the message 'Download period has elapsed' is there.
So in short:
With a new purchase of the same download later when the first download period is elapsed, the customer can download from the e-mail but not from the download area, as the download link is not open there.
Other than small hickups here and there, which in the end are all due to my own shortcomings, I think your software is a great product.
Best
Aegir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think the download area is a very valuable feature. You don't have to wait for the email and get instant access to your downloads, plus you have a list of all your downloads in one place.
Best
Aegir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you show me how did you configured your product through some screenshots so that I can do some tests on my end ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We will check with a configuration like yours (25 hours of download time limit) but I will highly recommend you to right configure the parameter "upload secure folder". With the current value I don't think that the download will succeed.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for checking this out.
Regarding the "upload secure folder" parameter:
This links to another server and is fully functioning. I saw no reason to publish the link here so I took it out.
Kind regards
Aegir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Sorry for the late reply, I just succeed to reproduce your issue and made a fix, can you edit the file : "YourWebSite\components\com_hikashop\views\user\tmpl\downloads.php".
And change the line :
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for working on this issue.
I followed the instructions, but for me it's not quite working yet, even though there is a small progress:
As I recall, there was no active link before on the "Show the downloads" page for the item in question.
Now there is an active link on the "Show the downloads" page, but once clikked, there is the message: >> Download period has elapsed and on this page ( worldoftextures.com/index.php/user-contr...e_id-696/order_id-61 ) there is nio active link.
The customer download link in the e-mail works, as before, but the link in the notification e-mail to the administrator returns the administrator login page for the site. Can't remember if that was the case before.
If it helps, I can give you back-end access to the site.
Kind regards
Aegir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please log in or register to see it.
Replace the file : "YourWebSite\components\com_hikashop\views\user\tmpl\downloads.php".
And test it again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You are a gem.
Installed the file and now this works perfectly.
Kind regards
Aegir
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Should I do the same thing, download that file and replace it on my installation?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.