Skip to main content

[Solved] Cannot display product-code on invoice

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #142125 by savio
Hikashop version: 2.2.3
Joomla version: 2.5.17
PHP version: 5.2.17

I have search and read including these two threads.
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ring-on-invoice.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...code-on-invoice.html

I've edited the code of order/invoice.php through "Hikashop->Display->Views" by editing the "invoice" file of "order" view of my back-end template. I insert lines between line# 139 & 140 but nothing happen! I even tried some dummy text and expect at least it should appear in the position of that <td>..</td>, but it doesn't.
Code:
134 foreach($this->order->products as $product){ 135 if($group && $product->order_product_option_parent_id) continue; 136 ?> 137 <tr class="row<?php echo $k;?>"> 138 <td> 139 <?php echo $product->order_product_name;?> 140 <p class="hikashop_order_product_custom_item_fields">

Sorry for my limited knowledge on php. Should I insert it somewhere else.

Also, not sure if it is relevant; Product code is displayed nicely as expected on product page.

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by savio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142156 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
Can you set the "Display product code" option through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display" to YES and see if it display your product code ?
Also, you should revert the modifications that you have made through your "invoice" file :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142160 by savio
You mean under "Default paramaters for products"? It is "Yes" already, before I search solution to get it on invoice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142341 by Mohamed Thelji
Yes I was talking about that option, can you :
1. Download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it, and test it again ?
2. Revert your changes through your "invoice" file
3. Make sure that the "Display product code" option is set to YES

And test it again ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #142358 by savio
Thanks for your reply. Just test again according to your steps. No luck.

I can see product code on product page and in the shopping cart before check out. However, what I need now is to have the product code printed on _invoice_, that is on the email to addresses on "Order creation notifications email address" (under Hikashop>configure>main>email) for easy product picking. I don't mind whether it appear or not on the invoice to the customer.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by savio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142386 by savio
I start to wonder if it is a bug!?!?

I did a crazy test, I remove over 90% of lines in the invoice.php file thru ""Hikashop->Display->Views" by editing the "invoice" file of "order" view of my back-end template." Create a new order at front end and still receive a COMPLETE invoice!!! So, is it the correct file to edit? Or you guys are working on a better solution but not ready to release yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142427 by Eliot
Hi there,

I think the view you edited is the one that display order information on the backend, not the one which is mailed.
Just to make sure, you want to edit the mail sent to your customer? If so, you should go to System>Email and edit the order email.
The following user(s) said Thank You: savio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142463 by savio
yes, I want to edit the mail send to customer (in fact, send to the "order creation notification email address"). How can I do that? Can't find it in the System>Email section (where I enter the notification email address).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #142465 by savio
ok, I find it on a site where the Business version is used. The site I am working on use your free version. So, I think I need to find some way out. Thanks a lot for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142550 by savio
Hi Eliot,

Sorry I read, checked (the site backend screen), and replied on my mobile. When I back to my PC and check detail the System>Email you mentioned, I see only
Code:
<?php /** * @package HikaShop for Joomla! * @version 2.1.0 * @author hikashop.com * @copyright (C) 2010-2012 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved. * @license GNU/GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html */ defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); ?><?php

Am I suppose to copy the php scripts from Hikashop->Display->Views->Invoice, add some lines to display the product-code, paste it to System->Email; then the original email will be replaced by this one?

BTW, to clarify, for the most basic operation, when an order is confirmed, an email (of the invoice) is sent to the client and the System->Main->Emails->Order.creation.notifications.email.address. What is the official name of this email? "email", "invoice", "order", or what?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142552 by savio
Hi Mohamed Thelji,

I still wonder if it is a bug!?!?

I did a crazy test, I remove over 90% of lines in the invoice.php file thru ""Hikashop->Display->Views" by editing the "invoice" file of "order" view of my back-end template." Create a new order at front end and still receive a COMPLETE invoice!!! So, is it the correct file to edit? Or you guys are working on a better solution but not ready to release yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #142604 by savio
My bad.

Under System->Email, I only opened the "Order Notification" but not the "Order Administrator Notification" where looks more promising.

Thanks a lot for all your replies.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by savio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142783 by savio
Problem perfectly solved by
1. Update to the latest business version
2. www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/38562-ad...imitstart=0&start=20

Hope this can help people who have similar problem but don't get the correct keyword to search.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #143485 by Eliot
Glad to see you solved this by yourself :).
And thanks for sharing your solution, it will definitely help our customers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum