Skip to main content

Customer Message in Admin order notification Email

More
12 years 7 months ago #142801 by medean
-- url of the page with the problem -- : velacell.de
-- HikaShop version -- : business (latest)
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

I have the problem that the customer message is not shown in the order notification Email for the admin.

How can I add that?

Would be great to have a detailed description or even a screenshot where and how to insert exactly - the right code for that (Have no php knowledge :blush: )

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #142838 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
Can you give me more information about your customer message, is it a custom field ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #143376 by medean
Hi, I am so sorry - I thought there would be a field in the checkout for the customer to add a message but there´s not - so of course there is also no message in the notification email.

But how can I change that - it is essential that the customer has the possibility to write a message during the order/checkout. It would make sense after he confirmed his adress and before he selects his paying method.

I couldn´t find a way to do that in the documentation, can you help me with that?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #143402 by Eliot
Hi there,

You can simply create a custom field (in Display>Custom fields) named "customer message" and applied on checkout.
Make sure to use the type "text input" and to publish it on the front end. It should do the job!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum