Skip to main content

Edit view for customer order

More
12 years 4 months ago #155899 by Carolek
-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- :2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- :2.5

Hey,
I need to edit the attach form for my customer (he needs to add tracking number to the form)
Where is the view for it?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #155902 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,
You'll just have to edit the "invoice" file of the "order" view of your back-end template through "Hikashop->Display->Views"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #155990 by Carolek
OK, I try to edit it and also try in override and EN-GB.ini, but nothing. All I want is to add a string below the "Shipping method" = "tracking number" that my customer can write manually the number. I made a simulation with photoshop (attached) to show you exactly what I mean. Note that I need the possibility to write the tracking number beside.
Please tell me step by step what to do. I'm not so PHP :(
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156028 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Edit view for customer order
Hi,

Where exactly you need this change ? In the invoice, or emails or both ?

What can be done is create a custom field in the table "order", don't display it in frontend, in order to not let the customer enter anything in that field. Then in the order management section in the backend, fill a value for this custom field.

And finally with PHP code, display the desired string with the desired value by getting it from the custom field.
The code can be different depending on the view we are. As it is a customization and require PHP knowledges, we can't really help you on this apart from giving you indications on how to achieve that :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156120 by Carolek
I need it in the email that the system send to the costumer when the status of the command changes.
(hikashop -Orders)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156130 by nicolas
Hi,

As Xavier said, you can do that by just creating a custom field of the table "order" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
That way, you'll be able to fill it in the order details page of the backend, and you'll get it automatically in the order notification email that you can send there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156196 by Carolek
OK, I did it, I have now the tracking number in "Additional information field" in the order section but not in the email that is sent to the customer. Is there a way to input it just like I want? where do I have to make the changes? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156206 by nicolas
It should display automatically in the order notification email that you can send in the backend once filled in the order.
You can always edit the email via the menu System>Emails and add such tag:
{VAR:order.XXX}

where XXX is the column name of your custom order field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carolek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #156237 by Carolek
Thanks for all!!! Your support is number 1!!! My client is very happy now. And I also :) :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum