address_template edit not showing in some mails
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #157994
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
address_template edit not showing in some mails was created by lousyfool
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
Hi,
This is not urgent.
Reminded by another thread touching the matter, I edited the address_template view to include middle name and 2nd street field, and swap city/postcode positions. All fine, shows up well in frontend views like user account, checkout, as well as order admin notification mail, order creation notification mail, etc.
Please see attachment: it does NOT show in order status notification mails (not to the customer - and BTW, also not to vendors in HikaMarket mails... and Jerome is using the same address_template, right?). Hope there aren't other views where it's the same, but that's as far as I've been looking.
I've been through and comparing the (default = unedited) preload versions of both creation and status mails (which are surprisingly different from each other in other sections!), but can't find the bit that causes the changed template to be ignored. So, I'd appreciate any guidance to a fix or even fresh replacement file(s), or a good slap along with telling me where I might have screwed. In case of the first, I wouldn't want to call it a bug, but everyone will appreciate if it were also in the next version, I'm sure. In case of the second, as I said, it's not urgent. A slap can always wait...
Thanks!
Two little things on the side:
(1) Middle name and street2 are core fields, no? I believe they should be part of any address view by default, except now they are not.
(2) The phone number had spaces in between some digits, which is what many users do to separate country/city code and number - instead of dashes/hyphens, slashes or pictures of their girlfriends or whatever, all of which is useful - no doubt. Except, spaces are being stripped, obviously. Can that be stopped, so the spaces stay? Or those spaces to be replaced by dashes or so, if that's easier?
Hi,
This is not urgent.
Reminded by another thread touching the matter, I edited the address_template view to include middle name and 2nd street field, and swap city/postcode positions. All fine, shows up well in frontend views like user account, checkout, as well as order admin notification mail, order creation notification mail, etc.
Please see attachment: it does NOT show in order status notification mails (not to the customer - and BTW, also not to vendors in HikaMarket mails... and Jerome is using the same address_template, right?). Hope there aren't other views where it's the same, but that's as far as I've been looking.
I've been through and comparing the (default = unedited) preload versions of both creation and status mails (which are surprisingly different from each other in other sections!), but can't find the bit that causes the changed template to be ignored. So, I'd appreciate any guidance to a fix or even fresh replacement file(s), or a good slap along with telling me where I might have screwed. In case of the first, I wouldn't want to call it a bug, but everyone will appreciate if it were also in the next version, I'm sure. In case of the second, as I said, it's not urgent. A slap can always wait...
Thanks!
Two little things on the side:
(1) Middle name and street2 are core fields, no? I believe they should be part of any address view by default, except now they are not.
(2) The phone number had spaces in between some digits, which is what many users do to separate country/city code and number - instead of dashes/hyphens, slashes or pictures of their girlfriends or whatever, all of which is useful - no doubt. Except, spaces are being stripped, obviously. Can that be stopped, so the spaces stay? Or those spaces to be replaced by dashes or so, if that's easier?
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by lousyfool. Reason: forgot attachment...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158045
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic address_template edit not showing in some mails
Hi,
You potentially have to edit the content of the view "order / address_template" in the backend template too.
You potentially have to edit the content of the view "order / address_template" in the backend template too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #158131
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic address_template edit not showing in some mails
Not "potentially" but "definitely": yoh, that did it! Thanks!
Well hidden that bugger is. Your hint was needed and good.
Well hidden that bugger is. Your hint was needed and good.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by lousyfool.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds