- Thank you received: 0
HikaShop as food ordering system
- Troels83
-
Topic Author
Less
More
12 years 3 months ago #162068
by Troels83
HikaShop as food ordering system was created by Troels83
Hi
I'm new to both Joomla and HikaShop.
So, my question is. Is it possible to build a food ordering system with HikaShop and Joomla? I need it to have the same functionality as the current solution in redSHOP.
Here's the site that I need to rebuild: kjaerskoekken.dk/
And which HikaShop product should I go with to achieve this?
Kind regards
Troels
I'm new to both Joomla and HikaShop.
So, my question is. Is it possible to build a food ordering system with HikaShop and Joomla? I need it to have the same functionality as the current solution in redSHOP.
Here's the site that I need to rebuild: kjaerskoekken.dk/
And which HikaShop product should I go with to achieve this?
Kind regards
Troels
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162069
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
Hi,
Yes HikaShop can handle that by using the options.
Here is some documentation about that:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
Yes HikaShop can handle that by using the options.
Here is some documentation about that:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
The following user(s) said Thank You: Troels83
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Troels83
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #165969
by Troels83
Replied by Troels83 on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
I've been working with HikaShop Product options now. Just bought the essential package.
Can you please tell me if it's possible to add multiple options to a product with a heading for each group? And how can I do this.
This is what I'm trying to achieve. Options split into categories with headings.
www.kjaerskoekken.dk/34/115/buffeter/P-grill-selv-buffet.html
Can you please tell me if it's possible to add multiple options to a product with a heading for each group? And how can I do this.
This is what I'm trying to achieve. Options split into categories with headings.
www.kjaerskoekken.dk/34/115/buffeter/P-grill-selv-buffet.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #166025
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
Hi,
If you want several choices for an option to be selectable, options won't cut it. We hadn't seen that last time.
That would actually require you to create custom fields of the table "item" and of the type "checkbox" so that you could have these multiple selection groups. A title like that won't be a problem with that.
However, these custom item fields can only be created with the Business edition of HikaShop. So it would require to upgrade from the Essential to the Business edition in that case: www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
If you want several choices for an option to be selectable, options won't cut it. We hadn't seen that last time.
That would actually require you to create custom fields of the table "item" and of the type "checkbox" so that you could have these multiple selection groups. A title like that won't be a problem with that.
However, these custom item fields can only be created with the Business edition of HikaShop. So it would require to upgrade from the Essential to the Business edition in that case: www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Troels83
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #176941
by Troels83
Replied by Troels83 on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
Hi
I'm back on the assignment, and I'm trying to figure out how to do as you suggested.
"That would actually require you to create custom fields of the table "item" and of the type "checkbox" so that you could have these multiple selection groups. A title like that won't be a problem with that."
How would you accomplish this? Do I need to add some php code, or is it manageable in the backend system?
I'm back on the assignment, and I'm trying to figure out how to do as you suggested.
"That would actually require you to create custom fields of the table "item" and of the type "checkbox" so that you could have these multiple selection groups. A title like that won't be a problem with that."
How would you accomplish this? Do I need to add some php code, or is it manageable in the backend system?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Troels83
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #176974
by Troels83
Replied by Troels83 on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
I've used most of the day working on the shop and trying to use the Custom Fields.
But it seems to me that when you create a custom field, it can only be assigned to an entire category, and not individual products inside a category, which is what I need.
And while options does add to the total price, the custom fields that I've made doesn't add to the total price. (See attachment).
This is 2 products inside the same category (This is the clients old website)
www.kjaerskoekken.dk/buffeter/68/119/buf...apas-vaelg-selv.html
www.kjaerskoekken.dk/buffeter/69/119/buf...din-egen-buffet.html
Is this in any way doable?
Please help
Kind regards
But it seems to me that when you create a custom field, it can only be assigned to an entire category, and not individual products inside a category, which is what I need.
And while options does add to the total price, the custom fields that I've made doesn't add to the total price. (See attachment).
Attachment not found
This is 2 products inside the same category (This is the clients old website)
www.kjaerskoekken.dk/buffeter/68/119/buf...apas-vaelg-selv.html
www.kjaerskoekken.dk/buffeter/69/119/buf...din-egen-buffet.html
Is this in any way doable?
Please help
Kind regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176982
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
Hi,
You're indeed correct. Custom fields don't have any option to modify the price of the product.
Regarding the assignment of a field to a product, you can create an unpublished category and set it in your custom field. Then, when you'll add that category as a second category in your product, the custom field will be displayed on the product page.
You're indeed correct. Custom fields don't have any option to modify the price of the product.
Regarding the assignment of a field to a product, you can create an unpublished category and set it in your custom field. Then, when you'll add that category as a second category in your product, the custom field will be displayed on the product page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Troels83
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Troels83
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #177020
by Troels83
Replied by Troels83 on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
Thank you for the answer.
I have one more question though.
Which category / table should I use to create the custom fields?
I have one more question though.
Which category / table should I use to create the custom fields?
Attachment not found
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Troels83.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Troels83
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #177050
by Troels83
Replied by Troels83 on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
I see what you are getting at. In this way I can add checklist or radio fields from a custom field on a certain product. But that doesn't solve my dilemma.
---The important question---
I still need the option to influence the price., just like the dropdown on this page
kjaerskoekken.testprojekt.dk/index.php?o...alstilbud&Itemid=118
Admin: roi
Pass: roi
Inside a product I need groups of options for the customer.
This is a typical structure of what I need.
starter menu (This is the title)
(Options here)
main course (This is the title)
(Options here)
Dessert (This is the title)
(Options here)
Is this possible with hikashop?
See image below
---The important question---
I still need the option to influence the price., just like the dropdown on this page
kjaerskoekken.testprojekt.dk/index.php?o...alstilbud&Itemid=118
Admin: roi
Pass: roi
Inside a product I need groups of options for the customer.
This is a typical structure of what I need.
starter menu (This is the title)
(Options here)
main course (This is the title)
(Options here)
Dessert (This is the title)
(Options here)
Is this possible with hikashop?
See image below
Attachment not found
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #177053
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
Hello,
If you want the dropdown to affect your product price, the solution will be to use options or characteristics.
If you want the dropdown to affect your product price, the solution will be to use options or characteristics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Troels83
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #177151
by Troels83
Replied by Troels83 on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
Hi Mohamed
Thank you for your answer.
Yes, I know that. But the issue is, that I won't be able to make groups with options.
If you see the picture from my last post, this is what I want to achieve.
If I use options, I can affect the price, but I can't make groups of options.
If I use custom fields, I can make groups of options, but I can't affect the price.
I just need to know if I can add options divided in groups that will affect the price. Just like in this redWEB shop www.kjaerskoekken.dk/buffeter/69/119/buf...din-egen-buffet.html
Thank you for your answer.
Yes, I know that. But the issue is, that I won't be able to make groups with options.
If you see the picture from my last post, this is what I want to achieve.
If I use options, I can affect the price, but I can't make groups of options.
If I use custom fields, I can make groups of options, but I can't affect the price.
I just need to know if I can add options divided in groups that will affect the price. Just like in this redWEB shop www.kjaerskoekken.dk/buffeter/69/119/buf...din-egen-buffet.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #177180
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop as food ordering system
Hi,
No, there is no system to have checkboxes affecting the price. Custom fields can display checkboxes but can't affect the price and characteristics/options can affect the price but cannot display as checkboxes.
One thing you can do is have custom fields, and then develop a small quantity price override plugin to recalculate the price of the products based on the selection in the custom field.
That way, you can achieve that, but it requires some development.
We have some documentation on that for developers here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html
And we have an example with the donation plugin:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...show&cid=214&lang=en
And if you're not a developer, you can request a quote to our partners for that:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
No, there is no system to have checkboxes affecting the price. Custom fields can display checkboxes but can't affect the price and characteristics/options can affect the price but cannot display as checkboxes.
One thing you can do is have custom fields, and then develop a small quantity price override plugin to recalculate the price of the products based on the selection in the custom field.
That way, you can achieve that, but it requires some development.
We have some documentation on that for developers here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html
And we have an example with the donation plugin:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...show&cid=214&lang=en
And if you're not a developer, you can request a quote to our partners for that:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Troels83
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds