- Posts: 200
- Thank you received: 75
Order confirmation email not in Dutch
12 years 1 month ago #168314
by GW
Order confirmation email not in Dutch was created by GW
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Hi,
I'm using HikaShop Starter with the most recent Dutch language pack. When someone places an order they receive 2 emails by default, first for the order creation and after payment they receive an order confirmation email. The strange thing is, the first email is in Dutch, but the second one is in English. I haven't changed anything to any of the files, so I am wondering why the order confirmation email is not in Dutch? Is there any way to change this in HikaShop Starter?
Thanks in advance,
GW
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Hi,
I'm using HikaShop Starter with the most recent Dutch language pack. When someone places an order they receive 2 emails by default, first for the order creation and after payment they receive an order confirmation email. The strange thing is, the first email is in Dutch, but the second one is in English. I haven't changed anything to any of the files, so I am wondering why the order confirmation email is not in Dutch? Is there any way to change this in HikaShop Starter?
Thanks in advance,
GW
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168330
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Order confirmation email not in Dutch
Hi,
The email language is based on the customer, if the customer purchased in Dutch so he should receive mails in dutch.
It can depend to on the customer address. Are you sure that the order were made for a Dutch address and in Dutch ?
The email language is based on the customer, if the customer purchased in Dutch so he should receive mails in dutch.
It can depend to on the customer address. Are you sure that the order were made for a Dutch address and in Dutch ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168429
by GW
Replied by GW on topic Order confirmation email not in Dutch
Thank you for your answer.
Yes, I am certain the orders were in Dutch and for Dutch customers.
I'm most surprised why the order creation emails are in Dutch, it's only the order confirmation emails after that which are in English. I'm just guessing here, but could it have anything to do with the payment system, or could it be some error in the language pack?
Thanks again,
GW
Yes, I am certain the orders were in Dutch and for Dutch customers.
I'm most surprised why the order creation emails are in Dutch, it's only the order confirmation emails after that which are in English. I'm just guessing here, but could it have anything to do with the payment system, or could it be some error in the language pack?
Thanks again,
GW
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #169378
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Order confirmation email not in Dutch
Hi,
Sorry for the delay, it looks like your thread was validated in our ticket system by accident.
When HikaShop send the order emails, it uses the front-end language.
When an order is confirmed from the backend, HikaShop try to load the current language file or the customer to send the email in the right language.
But when the payment plugin confirm the order, if the language is not specified in the notification url ; the default language will be use. Because the payment notification is made in the front-end, the front-end language will be use ; the context is not the same than in the backend.
So you should check your payment plugin (I don't know if the problem is with iDeal, paypal or both), specially for the notification url and the "lang" parameter.
Regards,
Sorry for the delay, it looks like your thread was validated in our ticket system by accident.
When HikaShop send the order emails, it uses the front-end language.
When an order is confirmed from the backend, HikaShop try to load the current language file or the customer to send the email in the right language.
But when the payment plugin confirm the order, if the language is not specified in the notification url ; the default language will be use. Because the payment notification is made in the front-end, the front-end language will be use ; the context is not the same than in the backend.
So you should check your payment plugin (I don't know if the problem is with iDeal, paypal or both), specially for the notification url and the "lang" parameter.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #169650
by GW
Replied by GW on topic Order confirmation email not in Dutch
Thanks for your answer, you were right, it was an issue with the redirection from the payment plugin.
I asked the developers of the iDeal payment system we use by Chill Creations, and they fixed it.
Kind regards,
I asked the developers of the iDeal payment system we use by Chill Creations, and they fixed it.
Kind regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds