- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
Editing content of %s in emails
- nathankeenmelb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 1 month ago #170109
by nathankeenmelb
Editing content of %s in emails was created by nathankeenmelb
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
In many of the emails there are variables that are used that appear in the language file as %s.
I'd like to change the content of one of them globally without manually doing it.
E.g. I'd like to change ORDER_STATUS_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT="Your order No. %s is now %s at %s"
to: Your order No. %s is now %s at <a href="%s">Site Name</a>
At the end point it currently comes out as: Your order No. 0014 is now confirmed at shop.fava.org.au/
But I'd like it to say: Your order No. 0014 is now confirmed at the FamilyVoice Shop (with that hyperlinked)
But I'm not sure if going through the language section is the right way to do it, or if there is one setting globally for this particular variable.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
In many of the emails there are variables that are used that appear in the language file as %s.
I'd like to change the content of one of them globally without manually doing it.
E.g. I'd like to change ORDER_STATUS_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT="Your order No. %s is now %s at %s"
to: Your order No. %s is now %s at <a href="%s">Site Name</a>
At the end point it currently comes out as: Your order No. 0014 is now confirmed at shop.fava.org.au/
But I'd like it to say: Your order No. 0014 is now confirmed at the FamilyVoice Shop (with that hyperlinked)
But I'm not sure if going through the language section is the right way to do it, or if there is one setting globally for this particular variable.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 weeks ago #170116
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Editing content of %s in emails
Hi,
Yes going through the language section is the right way to do it. Just replace the current content by the one you wrote
Yes going through the language section is the right way to do it. Just replace the current content by the one you wrote
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nathankeenmelb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 weeks ago #170367
by nathankeenmelb
Replied by nathankeenmelb on topic Editing content of %s in emails
I don't think that's going to work in this one though: ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE="We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. %s at %s on the %s at %s"
It currently renders "We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. 0014 at shop.fava.org.au/ on the 05 September 2014 at 16:17" but if I changed the second %s, it would render "... order No. 0014 at FamilyVoice Shop on the shop.fava.org.au/ at 05 September 2014."
I'd need to replace the second "%s", but as each variable is the same and are treated (presumably) in order, I can't just take a %s that is in the middle. I'd need to change what the actual "%s" variable is, I think.
It currently renders "We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. 0014 at shop.fava.org.au/ on the 05 September 2014 at 16:17" but if I changed the second %s, it would render "... order No. 0014 at FamilyVoice Shop on the shop.fava.org.au/ at 05 September 2014."
I'd need to replace the second "%s", but as each variable is the same and are treated (presumably) in order, I can't just take a %s that is in the middle. I'd need to change what the actual "%s" variable is, I think.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 weeks ago #170381
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Editing content of %s in emails
Hi,
You can use:
ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE="We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. %1s at <a href="%3s">FamilyVoice</a> at %4s"
You can use:
ORDER_CREATION_SUCCESS_ON_WEBSITE_AT_DATE="We are pleased to confirm the creation of your order No. %1s at <a href="%3s">FamilyVoice</a> at %4s"
The following user(s) said Thank You: nathankeenmelb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds