How to add another option to Discount Type?
- magicwords
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #175518
by magicwords
How to add another option to Discount Type? was created by magicwords
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.pponlinestore.com/administrator/inde...kashop&ctrl=discount
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello,
I am using business edition of hikashop. In the hikashop configuration -> Order->Discounts there are only two options when I create new i.e. 1) Discount & 2) Coupons
Please refer the attached screenshot. I want to add new options after the 'Coupons' and customize the fields according to new type.
Due to some customization requirements I need to add another few options after the coupon. How to do that? If I am to edit some php file, please also guide where to find it and what section to edit as I am not a programmer.
Thanks in Advance
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello,
I am using business edition of hikashop. In the hikashop configuration -> Order->Discounts there are only two options when I create new i.e. 1) Discount & 2) Coupons
Please refer the attached screenshot. I want to add new options after the 'Coupons' and customize the fields according to new type.
Due to some customization requirements I need to add another few options after the coupon. How to do that? If I am to edit some php file, please also guide where to find it and what section to edit as I am not a programmer.
Thanks in Advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175536
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to add another option to Discount Type?
Hi,
To add an option here it require to edit core files, so changes are lost when updating unless you do class overrides.
The file to edit is "administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/discount.php", in that file you can add the entry as a new 'select.option', then you will have to edit/add javascript to change the displayed fields.
To add fields, the view to edit is "discount / form" in backend template.
Could you give us more details about what you want to add ? Because it will require a lot of other modifications if you want a new discount type...
In your case the best solution will maybe to use a plugin based on custom fields or on a specific action.
Here is documentation about plugins:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...r-documentation.html
In all cases, it require good PHP knowledges.
To add an option here it require to edit core files, so changes are lost when updating unless you do class overrides.
The file to edit is "administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/discount.php", in that file you can add the entry as a new 'select.option', then you will have to edit/add javascript to change the displayed fields.
To add fields, the view to edit is "discount / form" in backend template.
Could you give us more details about what you want to add ? Because it will require a lot of other modifications if you want a new discount type...
In your case the best solution will maybe to use a plugin based on custom fields or on a specific action.
Here is documentation about plugins:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...r-documentation.html
In all cases, it require good PHP knowledges.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds