Skip to main content

Custom emails by Order Status

More
11 years 10 months ago #180218 by ijsbaanleuven
Now it works !

Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #181513 by ijsbaanleuven
I still have some additional questions about this :

Can we make it so, that this works together with the Hikashop Orders Automatic Cancel Plugin ?
So, that if the plugin changes the status, the email is sent ?

Also, about the plugin, would it be possible to set 2 delays after each other ? I'll explain what I want :
I would like to be able to (automaticly) change the status from 'created' to 'reminder', if the payment is not received after 7 days (where the customer gets an email with the reminder that the payment has not been received yet) and then, in the next step from 'reminder' to 'cancelled', if the payment is still not received in 5 days after the reminder. In both cases, the customer should get an email with some text.

Does this makes sense to you ?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Joris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #181547 by nicolas
Hi,

It's a nice idea to have an extra option to be able to notify customers on order auto cancellation. I've added an option to the plugin. Install it on your website and you'll get that feature.

Having two changes is not possible without more changes to the plugin and that's more customization than anything else.
If you want to send emails after a specific after the purchase if the order is still not confirmed, a solution might actually be with our integration with acymailing, with an acymailing mass action filter and a time delay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ijsbaanleuven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #181566 by ijsbaanleuven
hey Nicholas,


Thanks for the super fast reaction !
I'm surprised actually, that no one has thought of this before ...:-)

I'll have a look at the mass action thingy ...:-)

Thanks a lot !

Joris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182895 by brandoes
Where I will find this file to edit?
I would like change something in my email confirmation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182896 by ijsbaanleuven
Hika Shop > System > Emails > Order Status Notification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182899 by brandoes
I don't have email option in my hikashop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182900 by brandoes
have a look in screenshot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182901 by ijsbaanleuven
Looks like yo do not have the option of the emails ?

What version of HikaShop are you working with ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182911 by brandoes
I am use hikashop_essential_v2.3.4_2014-12-02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #182902 by Xavier
Hi,

You need to have the business edition for this feature.

Else the emails can be edited via FTP in the folder "media\com_hikashop\mail", be careful when updating the changes on the mails will be lost with this method.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #183985 by ijsbaanleuven
Gents,

I'm having problems with the cron on the automic cancel plugin ...
Everything worked, but now, it doens't anymore and I've got no clue to why it doesn't ?

See the settings :

Plugin is set correctly, cron seems to be working, yet in the logfiles it doens't show anymore that the orders have been checked ... ?

I found in the manual that when one uses RSFirewall, you should disable DoS protection, but should you disable this completely or just for cURL, perl, Java, empty user agents, or all ?


Any and all help will be appreciated !


Joris
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by ijsbaanleuven.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #184334 by ijsbaanleuven
Can anybody help me on this question ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #184456 by nicolas
Hi,

First, the period setting of your plugin is set to 691200 seconds, which means 8 days. So basically, the plugin will only be triggered once every 8 days. And at that point, it will only process 20 orders max to avoid crashing because of the amount of data to load and emails to send.
So that could already explain why it doesn't work and you might want to reduce that period to something more frequent like every two days.

To check whether the cron is working or not, you can activate the "send email" option of the cron tab so that you get a notification each time the cron is triggered. You'll also see the error messages if any in the email when the plugin is called.
Our documentation actually has a more thorough explanation on how to make sure that your cron is working:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...cron-task.html#check

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #184474 by ijsbaanleuven
Hi Nicolas,


Thanks for your reply.

I understand from your reply that the plugin works the other way around that I understood.

As I read the text in the plugin, ("This plugin enables you to have the orders automatically cancelled after some time"), I understand that the plugin checks if the status of the order is not changed in this amount of time, and not that the plugin runs after that period ?

I'll explain what want to accomplish :
I want my customers to have 8 days to pay their order. If the order is not paid after 8 days (or the status has not changed from 'created' to some other status, the plugin should cancel the order.
I thought that the cron runs every 15 minutes, and thus, that the plugin checked the status of the orders every 15 minutes.

If I check the log file, the cron runs every 15 minutes, but there are no mentions of the orders being checked for the last 22 days.
See attachment for the full report.

I do not have more then 20 orders at this moment.

I already had a look at the support page, hence my question about the config of RS Firewall, should I disable the DoS completely or just any of these services ?
Or is it a possibility to put the IP of your server on a whitelist ?

Thanks for your help !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #184478 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes, the plugin workings it not adapted to how you want to use it.
Change the line:
Code:
if(!empty($plugin->params['last_cron_update']) && $plugin->params['last_cron_update']+$plugin->params['period']>time()){
to:
Code:
if(!empty($plugin->params['last_cron_update']) && $plugin->params['last_cron_update']+900>time()){
in the plugin file plugins/hikashop/order_auto_cancel/order_auto_cancel.php and it will work like you want.

I would love to answer you regarding the configuration of RS Firewall but I've never used it and don't know what the DoS protection does exactly and if they have a whitelist, etc. That's why I recommended to follow the documentation to make sure that your cron is running. If it is conclusive, then no need to change anything in RS Firewall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ijsbaanleuven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #184505 by ijsbaanleuven
Thanks for your help ! It is highly appreciated and I will continue to promote Hika !

I will see if the cron now works as I would like it to and keep you posted !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #184511 by ijsbaanleuven
According to the log file, the orders are checked every 30 minutes, wich is more then good enough !

Thank you so much !

Joris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum