- Posts: 37
- Thank you received: 1
Custom fields included in manual orders
11 years 8 months ago #187955
by tidosho
Custom fields included in manual orders was created by tidosho
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi there:
I'm using 'item' custom fields for a couple of my products. To restrict those custom fields to the two products I used categories (custom fields and two products belong to same categories). But I regularly modify orders in the backend and when I manually add a product to an order it includes the custom fields, whatever the product I add and its category. This looks nasty in the user's order pages. Why is the backend ignoring the categories?
Regards,
Martin
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi there:
I'm using 'item' custom fields for a couple of my products. To restrict those custom fields to the two products I used categories (custom fields and two products belong to same categories). But I regularly modify orders in the backend and when I manually add a product to an order it includes the custom fields, whatever the product I add and its category. This looks nasty in the user's order pages. Why is the backend ignoring the categories?
Regards,
Martin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #187989
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom fields included in manual orders
Hi,
Because you can modify products which are not existing anymore, or product which can have been moved (change category) ; we prefer to display all item custom fields so the user can do whatever he wants.
Regards,
Because you can modify products which are not existing anymore, or product which can have been moved (change category) ; we prefer to display all item custom fields so the user can do whatever he wants.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188208
by tidosho
Replied by tidosho on topic Custom fields included in manual orders
Yes, but then all these custom fields show up in the manual order. Maybe they need some further control, like an 'add custom field' button.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188212
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom fields included in manual orders
Hi,
Yes ; sounds like a good idea.
I've create a feature request in our TODO list ; but I can't provide any schedule for his implementation.
Regards,
Yes ; sounds like a good idea.
I've create a feature request in our TODO list ; but I can't provide any schedule for his implementation.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds