- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 1
How to attach documents to email confirmations?
11 years 8 months ago #187986
by madjedo
How to attach documents to email confirmations? was created by madjedo
Hi, I would like to attach unique special documents when I notify customers on their order.
For example:
When changing an order from created to confirmed, I see no option where I can attach a file (pdf) to the customer e-mail notification. How can I enable this function? I hope you understand.
Best Regards,
Ma
For example:
When changing an order from created to confirmed, I see no option where I can attach a file (pdf) to the customer e-mail notification. How can I enable this function? I hope you understand.
Best Regards,
Ma
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188013
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to attach documents to email confirmations?
Hi,
There is no option to do that. What you can do however is to create a new custom field of the table "order" and of the type "file" via the menu Display>Custom fields. You can keep the "frontend" option of the field turned off in order to not display it on the checkout
Then, on the order details page of the backend, you can edit the additional information area of each order to upload your file in that custom field. And when you change the status and turn on the notification to the user, there should be a link to the file you saved earlier in the custom field.
There is no option to do that. What you can do however is to create a new custom field of the table "order" and of the type "file" via the menu Display>Custom fields. You can keep the "frontend" option of the field turned off in order to not display it on the checkout
Then, on the order details page of the backend, you can edit the additional information area of each order to upload your file in that custom field. And when you change the status and turn on the notification to the user, there should be a link to the file you saved earlier in the custom field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds