Display Tax Notes in invoice
- crealiagroup
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 7 months ago #189887
by crealiagroup
Display Tax Notes in invoice was created by crealiagroup
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi, I see that since version 2.3.5 I can manage Notes in the taxes. I've created different taxes according to customer type / zone and in some of them I've filled the note field. I thought that with this field I could be able to display the note in the invoice but it seems not working as I intended.
Is this a bug? Something misconfigured or did I misunderstood the way the notes work?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi, I see that since version 2.3.5 I can manage Notes in the taxes. I've created different taxes according to customer type / zone and in some of them I've filled the note field. I thought that with this field I could be able to display the note in the invoice but it seems not working as I intended.
Is this a bug? Something misconfigured or did I misunderstood the way the notes work?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #189890
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display Tax Notes in invoice
Hi,
The tax notes are not used anywhere for now. They are there for you to enter a description for the tax rule so that you remember what each one is for next time to configure them.
The tax notes are not used anywhere for now. They are there for you to enter a description for the tax rule so that you remember what each one is for next time to configure them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- crealiagroup
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 7 months ago #189965
by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic Display Tax Notes in invoice
Hi Nicolas thanks for your reply.
First of all I hope you'll add this feature as I intended it worked. Then, at moment, how could I edit the views to use the notes to be displayed in the invoices?
Thanks
First of all I hope you'll add this feature as I intended it worked. Then, at moment, how could I edit the views to use the notes to be displayed in the invoices?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #189983
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display Tax Notes in invoice
Hi,
When you create an order the system stores a copy of the tax rates used. It doesn't store anywhere which tax rule has been used.
So the best you can do is try to guess which tax rule has been used based on the tax rate but you could have several tax rules with different notes for the same tax rate and thus you wouldn't know which one to display.
So in order to do what you want, you should store which tax rule has been used for each tax rate in the order tax info. However, that information is not available when you create an order so it would mean modifying the core code of HikaShop to add the tax rule data to the tax rate when loading the tax rates when calculating the taxes on the product prices.
So doing it with just view modifications is not possible unless you are in a very simple case with simple tax rules. But in that case, just edit the file "invoice" of the order view and add a condition on the address fields in order to display manually some text or some other text.
When you create an order the system stores a copy of the tax rates used. It doesn't store anywhere which tax rule has been used.
So the best you can do is try to guess which tax rule has been used based on the tax rate but you could have several tax rules with different notes for the same tax rate and thus you wouldn't know which one to display.
So in order to do what you want, you should store which tax rule has been used for each tax rate in the order tax info. However, that information is not available when you create an order so it would mean modifying the core code of HikaShop to add the tax rule data to the tax rate when loading the tax rates when calculating the taxes on the product prices.
So doing it with just view modifications is not possible unless you are in a very simple case with simple tax rules. But in that case, just edit the file "invoice" of the order view and add a condition on the address fields in order to display manually some text or some other text.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds