Skip to main content

Adding fixed cost

More
11 years 7 months ago #191465 by juremm
Adding fixed cost was created by juremm
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5

Hi,

I have some products where we need to charge fixed cost. Namely if a PCB is less than 25cm2 then we have to add fixed cost, while at PCBs >25 cm2 there is no fixed cost added just calculation of square cm. When the customer orders PCB he orders a PCB with as many cm2 PCB has.
I thought to create two products, one for PCBs that are <25 cm2 and one for PCBs >25 cm2, but haven't got a clue how Hika shop would add fixed cost at PCBs that are <25 cm2.

Best regards
Jure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #191476 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Adding fixed cost
Hello,
You can add your fixed price by using a characteristic, and then set different price per variant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192776 by juremm
Replied by juremm on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi Mohamed,

I did try that, but it does not work for me. Price of my product is calculated upon cm2, more cm2 of a product means higher price. However under certain cm2 I have to add fixed fee. I cannot see how can I do that with characteristics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192781 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Adding fixed cost
Hello,
If you want to add a fixed price regarding your product quantity you can use the "Minimum quantity" and set different prices regarding the product quantity that was added on your cart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juremm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192958 by juremm
Replied by juremm on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi Mohamed,

I do not think that this will work. See my problem. I have a product that has 15 cm2 = 15*0.175€=2.625 €, to this we have to add 4€.

With Minimum order I can just set 4€, but not calculation itself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192970 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi,

To make this calculation, I think that you will have to use and edit the content of the plugin system "custom_price".
Create a custom product field (require commercial version of HikaShop), then in the plugin, do the calculation of size * price + fixed fee.

It require some PHP knowledges.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #193136 by juremm
Replied by juremm on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi Xavier,

which version of HikaShop would cover the mentioned?

Did you want to say that we should edit plugin PHP code on our own? If it's just adding that simple formula that's fine...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #193137 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi,

Any commercial version allow to create custom product field ;)
Regarding the PHP code, yes you will have to edit it on your own, and as you say it is a simple formula so should not be to complicated, if you encounter any issue, you can still ask us some infos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #194627 by juremm
Replied by juremm on topic Adding fixed cost

Xavier wrote: Hi,

To make this calculation, I think that you will have to use and edit the content of the plugin system "custom_price".
Create a custom product field (require commercial version of HikaShop), then in the plugin, do the calculation of size * price + fixed fee.

It require some PHP knowledges.


Hi Xavier,

we did buy HIKASHOP ESSENTIAL, installed it and now I am looking at Hika Plugins (within Plugin manager) and there is no plugin called custom_price. Also within Hikashop/System/Plugins there are no plugins listed.

Can you please suggest where to search for the custom_price plugin?

Cheers
Jure
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by juremm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #194631 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi,

Here is the plugin:
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juremm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #194926 by juremm
Replied by juremm on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi,

tnx for the pluging however I have trouble installing it. Shall I copy it manually to server?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #194975 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi,

I see that you are using Joomla 1.5, so you have to edit the xml file of the plugin and replace "extension" by "install".
The following user(s) said Thank You: juremm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195036 by juremm
Replied by juremm on topic Adding fixed cost
I have uploaded Hika Essential, edited plugin and installed it nicely. But I must be blind - there is no Custom field at Product(s). Does Hika Essential and Custom field plugin work at Joomla 1.5?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195055 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi,

HikaShop essential do work on Joomla 1.5 yes.
The custom field listing (in display > listing) should allow you to create new product custom field when using HikaShop essential.

About the plugin, you won't be able to use it like that because it use "item custom field" for the price processing.
The main goal of the plugin is to let the customer enter the price he want when adding the product to his cart.
But your goal is to modify that plugin in order to put your specific processing algorithm into, using some "product custom fields" and not some "item custom fields".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195121 by juremm
Replied by juremm on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi,

I did follow your direction but no dramatical improvement was done. Can you please take a look at my webpage as admin? Please send me email to: stik(at)svet-el(dot)si and I will send you username/password for administration. As such I cannot use Hika essential because I cannot set it up properly.Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195179 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Adding fixed cost
Hi,

Are you able to create custom product fields via the menu Display > Custom fields ?
And can you fill the value in the product edition page ?

If the answer is yes for both previous questions, and you just have an issue with the plugin, so please post a request on the commercial job section of this forum as it require custom code and this is not supported by the forum.

Else you can send us credentials via our contact form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum