Customers Receive Emails but Admin Doesn't
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.37
Customers Receive Emails but Admin Doesn't.
I don't know why but when an order is placed NO email gets sent to the Admin to alert them that the order has been placed.
Customers are receiving their emails to let them know we received their payment etc
Why wouldn't the admin be receiving the emails tho but form and customers are getting them??
Thank you for your time
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So, since you're using the Business Edition, first please check under -> System -> Emails, if all emails you want to be sent are enabled.
If that's the case and you still don't receive them, please verify that all settings under -> System -> Configuration -> Main -> Emails are correct. Special attention to the field "Order creation admin notifications email address", obviously.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
See this same hint plus a workaround in Nicolas' post here: www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...wner-not.html#202576
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you everyone!!
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've checked your settings and they seem correct.
So if the customers are receiving the email notifications but not the administrator, then I don't know.
One simple way to solve the problem would be to edit the emails sent to the customers (order creation notification and order status notification) via he menu System>Emails and to add your email address in the "BCC" field there. That way, you'll get a copy of the email sent to the customers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
IS there anything at all you guys found wrong?
I just want to get email notifications
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please if you can figure it out I would love and appreciate it!
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What do you mean by "you tried BCC" ?
If you fill your email address in the BCC field of the order created notification and that the customers receive the order created notification email, then it's 100% sure that HikaShop is sending a copy to you too.
So it means that:
- your email address is not correct
- your email server has a problem sending the email to your email address
- you actually receive the email but it went in your spam folder and you didn't see it
- your email receiving server rejected the email as it was sent from an email server detected as a spam server
So check on these (you might need to check with your system administrator or hosting company for some of the points). Try with another email address, maybe a gmail address, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where would that file be seen? I'm sorry I have tried multiple different emails, different servers, fresh installs on a different domain and it doesn't work.
I appreciate I.
Thank you thank you!
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you sure that your customers are receiving the HikaShop emails ?
I don't see any other reason that the ones I stated above if customers are receiving the HikaShop emails but not the administrators.
If however no one is receiving the HikaShop emails, then it's something else and it just mean that the settings in the "Emails" section of the HikaShop configuration are not correct for your email server. For example, it might not want to send HTML emails, or UTF8 emails, or doesn't want to embed images, or doesn't support multiple parts, etc.
Again you could ask advices to your hosting company on how these settings should be for their server. Or you could try changing them one by one and testing in between to find out what is the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
They, my hosting company , said everything is working. ALL OTHER SYSTEM EMAIlS S END FROM OTHER EXTENSIONS I HAVE TRIED. It's your product nothing else.
Tried different server, different domain, new installation, Still not working.
I used an email that goes through the same service and ones that go with other services.
So yes I have double and triple check everything I can besides a possible error in the New Hikashop edition. I am not the only one with this problem, like the variant problem was.
I appreciate you fixing it.
Big smile.
Kyle
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What you're saying is not logical. If it works for other emails of HikaShop, there is no reason it wouldn't work for that email too.
So I went in your backend, changed temporarily the "Order creation admin notifications email address" setting to my email address and then placed an order on your website. And just a few seconds later, I got the admin notification to my mailbox:
take.ms/NgNs4
So HikaShop is working perfectly fine. And no, no one else had the issue so far.
That's why I asked you to check your email address, try with another email address, etc. You can see, it works for me so HikaShop is sending the email...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.