- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
date format in order creation notification email
- kattenzorg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #214399
by kattenzorg
date format in order creation notification email was created by kattenzorg
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : 5.2.11
In the order creation email, my order comes in with the message (sorry... in Dutch):
Bedankt voor van uw bestelling met Nr. C6Z8 via www.kattenzorg-denhaag.nl/joomla2/ op 2015-09-16 om 14:06
As you can see the date format is not exactly user-friendly. I'd really rather "16 september 2015" (in Dutch)
In the preloaded on line 96 is the following:
hikashop_getDate(time(),'%d %B %Y')
As you can see that is not what is showing up in the email, and any other format change I make is also not working (eg. %l %d %F %Y).
I've edited the preloaded for a number of other changes I wanted to implement and they've worked fine.
Oh, and one other question: Can I remove the telephone number from the user information in the order creation email? I still want users to enter their number when registering, I just don't want it in the email.
Please advise. Thanks in advance.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : 5.2.11
In the order creation email, my order comes in with the message (sorry... in Dutch):
Bedankt voor van uw bestelling met Nr. C6Z8 via www.kattenzorg-denhaag.nl/joomla2/ op 2015-09-16 om 14:06
As you can see the date format is not exactly user-friendly. I'd really rather "16 september 2015" (in Dutch)
In the preloaded on line 96 is the following:
hikashop_getDate(time(),'%d %B %Y')
As you can see that is not what is showing up in the email, and any other format change I make is also not working (eg. %l %d %F %Y).
I've edited the preloaded for a number of other changes I wanted to implement and they've worked fine.
Oh, and one other question: Can I remove the telephone number from the user information in the order creation email? I still want users to enter their number when registering, I just don't want it in the email.
Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by kattenzorg. Reason: added question
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214411
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic date format in order creation notification email
Hi,
The format can be modified with a translation override of these translation keys:
HIKASHOP_DATE_FORMAT="%Y-%m-%d"
HIKASHOP_EXTENDED_DATE_FORMAT="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M"
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
If you want to remove the phone number, you can edit the file "address_template" for both your frontend and your backend template via the menu Display>Views and remove the corresponding tag.
The format can be modified with a translation override of these translation keys:
HIKASHOP_DATE_FORMAT="%Y-%m-%d"
HIKASHOP_EXTENDED_DATE_FORMAT="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M"
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
If you want to remove the phone number, you can edit the file "address_template" for both your frontend and your backend template via the menu Display>Views and remove the corresponding tag.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kattenzorg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 weeks ago #214762
by kattenzorg
Replied by kattenzorg on topic date format in order creation notification email
That worked. Excellent.
Thank you so much.
Thank you so much.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kattenzorg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 week ago #215473
by kattenzorg
Replied by kattenzorg on topic date format in order creation notification email
Actually, I'm afraid to say I was a little quick in responding saying it was all fine. 
As far as the date format is concerned, when I change the language file: to :
HIKASHOP_EXTENDED_DATE_FORMAT="%d %m %Y %H:%M"
I get the expected: 27 09 2015 om 14:54 (its in Dutch)
However when I change the month format to :
HIKASHOP_EXTENDED_DATE_FORMAT="%d %F %Y %H:%M"
I get: 27 %september 2015 om 14:55
Note the extra percentage sign before the month (lack of capital for the start of the month name is normal in Dutch - its just the extra % that needs to go).
Any ideas?? Thanks again.
As far as the date format is concerned, when I change the language file: to :
HIKASHOP_EXTENDED_DATE_FORMAT="%d %m %Y %H:%M"
I get the expected: 27 09 2015 om 14:54 (its in Dutch)
However when I change the month format to :
HIKASHOP_EXTENDED_DATE_FORMAT="%d %F %Y %H:%M"
I get: 27 %september 2015 om 14:55
Note the extra percentage sign before the month (lack of capital for the start of the month name is normal in Dutch - its just the extra % that needs to go).
Any ideas?? Thanks again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 week ago #215480
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic date format in order creation notification email
Hi,
" %F " is an incorrect tag for the Joomla function date.
The right tag is " %B ".
As you wrote in your first message
Regards,
" %F " is an incorrect tag for the Joomla function date.
The right tag is " %B ".
As you wrote in your first message
hikashop_getDate(time(),'%d %B %Y')
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kattenzorg
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kattenzorg
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 days ago #215688
by kattenzorg
Replied by kattenzorg on topic date format in order creation notification email
Oops. Sorry. Seriously blonde moment.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds