Skip to main content

PayPal order created doesn't change to confirmed

More
11 years 1 week ago #215257 by missmonica
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 40.0.3

Hello,

I am testing paypal transactions on my clients site with a sandbox account using the paypal payment plugin. The order goes through to paypal fine and directs the buyer back to the site. However the order remains created and not confirmed. Do you know why this is an can you help me to fix it so that the order changes to completed?

Thanks,
Monica.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #215263 by Jerome

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #215372 by missmonica
Hello,

Thank you f0r this. I have checked the settings against that info provided in the link and the settings are all correct. My client has contacted PayPal today and they gave her the following information.


1. Information specific to Hikashop, Paypal and this situation will be on this website... developer.paypal.com/

2. Change the setting at the back end of the code in Hikashop that contains the words "payment=authorisation" or "authorisation capture" and have it instead as "express payment". They said they have it set up like this for physical products to make sure businesses have the stock in but as my product is digital, the code can easily be changed.


Does the above make any sense to you and is there any chance that it could be implemented? Do you have any advice that you can offer me please to get this working?

Thanks,
Monica.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #215373 by Jerome
Hi,

Well, I don't understand the quote message and the explanation on what to do, totally unclear and not.
So, I'm sorry but it does not make any sense for me.

I clearly can't help you to modify the HikaShop plugin without knowing what should be modified and without any link on the paypal documentation for that "express payment" value.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #215487 by missmonica
Hello,

The message is from PayPal so I'm not sure why they aren't being clear, but thanks anyway for your reply. I will try to figure something out by looking through your guidance notes again.

I tried to view the Payment log file but I got a message saying "The log file is empty" Can you advise how to fix this please so that I can see the log?

Thanks,
Monica.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #215493 by Jerome
Hi,

You need to activate the debug mode to have the debug trace in the payment log.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #215561 by missmonica
Hi Jerome,

I do have debug mode on for the payment plugin. I have tried a transaction again since your reply to be sure. The log file button gives the following message:

"The log file is empty /var/sites/b/billicaine.com/public_html/media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/logs/report_958685420.log


There was originally no "logs" folder at the above path so I added it manually, but a log file still did not get produced.
Is something you may know how to fix? If no, it doesn't matter. Thank you anyway.

Monica.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #215573 by nicolas
Hi,

The payment log being empty means that no payment notification is received by HikaShop.
Please follow the instructions here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
You can also look at the payment notification history page in your PayPal merchant account. It will tell you what happened with the IPN notification and give important clues as to why it didn't reach HikaShop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 days ago #215703 by missmonica
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,
Monica.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum