- Posts: 299
- Thank you received: 2
Making mobile phone number field mandatory
10 years 11 months ago #216468
by LAMF
Making mobile phone number field mandatory was created by LAMF
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.dsgbutiken.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
HI,
On my site there is a problem.
We need to have the mobile phone number field at the checkout process mandatory.
I have set this up in the backend (I think) but still it is possible for a customer to place an order without entering his mobile phone number.
How can I set this up?
Thanks,
Micke
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
HI,
On my site there is a problem.
We need to have the mobile phone number field at the checkout process mandatory.
I have set this up in the backend (I think) but still it is possible for a customer to place an order without entering his mobile phone number.
How can I set this up?
Thanks,
Micke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216470
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Making mobile phone number field mandatory
Hi,
Please provide details about that custom field configuratoin.
Regards,
Please provide details about that custom field configuratoin.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #216554
by LAMF
Replied by LAMF on topic Making mobile phone number field mandatory
HI,
Here's a screenshot of the settings.
Custom field mobile number
I have been testing to make an order and if I register as a new user I can not place any order without entering the mobile phone number.
So the question is hw is it still possible that the mobile number is not typed out in the order email or in backen in the order administration?
Best regards
Micke
Here's a screenshot of the settings.
Custom field mobile number
I have been testing to make an order and if I register as a new user I can not place any order without entering the mobile phone number.
So the question is hw is it still possible that the mobile number is not typed out in the order email or in backen in the order administration?
Best regards
Micke
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by LAMF. Reason: Adding more information
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216613
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Making mobile phone number field mandatory
Hi,
I tested your website and I'm not able to reproduce the problem:
take.ms/gg1tN
I'm not able to checkout without providing a phone number.
But in the administration, yes, you can do whatever you want when you create a order in the backend. You can also have mass actions or plugins to remove the phone number from the addresses.
I tested your website and I'm not able to reproduce the problem:
take.ms/gg1tN
I'm not able to checkout without providing a phone number.
But in the administration, yes, you can do whatever you want when you create a order in the backend. You can also have mass actions or plugins to remove the phone number from the addresses.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216646
by LAMF
Replied by LAMF on topic Making mobile phone number field mandatory
Hi Nicolas,
I know I also experienced this and I have to enter the mobile number as well.
This site is actually the first site using Svea WebPay plugin and it has been working well so far.
Do you think that maybe it is the Svea WebPay plugin that produces all customer details and when a customer has entered his SSN/Personal number it automatically gets the address from the Swedish IRS. And if the mobile number is not in that address it might not be sent in the order email and won´t be in the backend order either....?
Just a thought... or is it the Address date entered when registering in HikaShop as a new customer that is being sent as address data in teh order email?
Regards,
Micke
I know I also experienced this and I have to enter the mobile number as well.
This site is actually the first site using Svea WebPay plugin and it has been working well so far.
Do you think that maybe it is the Svea WebPay plugin that produces all customer details and when a customer has entered his SSN/Personal number it automatically gets the address from the Swedish IRS. And if the mobile number is not in that address it might not be sent in the order email and won´t be in the backend order either....?
Just a thought... or is it the Address date entered when registering in HikaShop as a new customer that is being sent as address data in teh order email?
Regards,
Micke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216683
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Making mobile phone number field mandatory
Hi,
Yes, the Svea WebPay payment plugin can create addresses based on the SSN/Personal Number. It actually fills the phone number based on what Svea returns. So if Svea doesn't return a phone number, you get an address without a phone number.
Unfortunately, I don't see a solution here. There is no mechanism to ask the missing information if Svea doesn't send it back, and we can't just refuse the whole address because of that. That wouldn't defeat the point of using Svea.
Yes, the Svea WebPay payment plugin can create addresses based on the SSN/Personal Number. It actually fills the phone number based on what Svea returns. So if Svea doesn't return a phone number, you get an address without a phone number.
Unfortunately, I don't see a solution here. There is no mechanism to ask the missing information if Svea doesn't send it back, and we can't just refuse the whole address because of that. That wouldn't defeat the point of using Svea.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216718
by LAMF
Replied by LAMF on topic Making mobile phone number field mandatory
Hi,
Ok that's what I feared so it's not a HikaShop or my problems it's for the IRS to get the phone number....
Wel well that's how it works and I guess we can't do anything but accept.
Thanks,
Micke
Ok that's what I feared so it's not a HikaShop or my problems it's for the IRS to get the phone number....
Wel well that's how it works and I guess we can't do anything but accept.
Thanks,
Micke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds