- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 1
Backup all Customers and Products
10 years 9 months ago #225084
by janya171
Backup all Customers and Products was created by janya171
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
saivachan.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.5
How do I backup all Hikashop orders and customers with all categories and products?
I need delete all my website and create new joomla from scretch.
Thanks for advice.
Hikashop is free one I use.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.5
How do I backup all Hikashop orders and customers with all categories and products?
I need delete all my website and create new joomla from scretch.
Thanks for advice.
Hikashop is free one I use.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225095
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Backup all Customers and Products
Hi,
The easier for you will be to backup the database for the HikaShop tables (and also the Joomla user table).
You can backup all tables having "_hikashop_", like "hikashop_user" and "hikashop_product".
Now the customer are also Joomla accounts, and these accounts are stored in in the Joomla table "users".
Regards,
The easier for you will be to backup the database for the HikaShop tables (and also the Joomla user table).
You can backup all tables having "_hikashop_", like "hikashop_user" and "hikashop_product".
Now the customer are also Joomla accounts, and these accounts are stored in in the Joomla table "users".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225121
by janya171
Replied by janya171 on topic Backup all Customers and Products
Hi, I tried to do that, it doesnt accespted that table even I changed sql table prefix to it match the same.
I only has orders BUT without any emaisl or infos, I think this is hught bug in your free version I counted to buy it but I see no reason if this important feature is not inside.
I only has orders BUT without any emaisl or infos, I think this is hught bug in your free version I counted to buy it but I see no reason if this important feature is not inside.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225167
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Backup all Customers and Products
Hi,
I'm sorry but I don't see where is the bug ?
HikaShop is not a backup solution for Joomla so there is no reason it would have a backup system of the Joomla users in it.
If you need to backup your Joomla users, there exist third party extensions for that. And if you need to backup the whole website, there also exist solutions for that.
The solution Jerome provide works, but it not as easy as clicking on a few buttons.
You need to export the tables of HikaShop via your phpmyadmin, change their prefix to the new website prefix if different by editing the file with notepad, import the table of HikaShop via your phpmyadmin on your new website database, migrate your joomla users with a third party tool, and then install the HikaShop package on the website in order to synchronize the users between Joomla and HikaShop.
So if it didn't work, it means that at least one of these steps was missing.
I'm sorry but I don't see where is the bug ?
HikaShop is not a backup solution for Joomla so there is no reason it would have a backup system of the Joomla users in it.
If you need to backup your Joomla users, there exist third party extensions for that. And if you need to backup the whole website, there also exist solutions for that.
The solution Jerome provide works, but it not as easy as clicking on a few buttons.
You need to export the tables of HikaShop via your phpmyadmin, change their prefix to the new website prefix if different by editing the file with notepad, import the table of HikaShop via your phpmyadmin on your new website database, migrate your joomla users with a third party tool, and then install the HikaShop package on the website in order to synchronize the users between Joomla and HikaShop.
So if it didn't work, it means that at least one of these steps was missing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds