- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
strange filename after ajax upload
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
Hi,
There seems to be a kind of bug in the ajax upload on the frontside. The file that's being uploaded is getting a strange name in the database, so the link to download the file in the backend gives an error (file not found). The name of the file in the folder upload/safe is the original one (in case of the screenshot eudata.eps). Can you please take a look at this? I think this occurs when a client uploads the same file twice (as it doesn't happen all the time).
www.jouwnaambord.nl/naamborden/aluminium-naambord-zakelijk
B.R.
Michel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's really strange.
I've tried on my end and we don't have that problem with the latest version.
And I've tried on your website and the problem is there even for new files.
I've also checked the log of changes on the AJAX upload of custom fields and it didn't change for quite a while.
Did you always had the problem ?
Did you install something recently which could have caused that ?
Are you using other extensions linked with HikaShop ? Or did you develop custom plugins for HikaShop ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In trying to determine if this may be caused by some other component on our site, I did a fresh installation of Joomla 3.x, upgraded it to 3.5.1, installed Hika 2.6.3 with sample data, added a custom item field of type "Ajax File" and noted the issue - screen capture of the cart below.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your feedback. That's a bug of the 2.6.3
We've added a patch on our end to fix the problem. Download the install package on our website and install it on your website and try with a new add to cart and that should fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok. We've tested on our end and added another patch to the package.
Please download it on our website again and install it on yours again.
Then, go in the backend, edit your custom field and save it once.
It should then work fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I attach screenshots
Backend custom field
file name in the folder
file name in backend
You can see if it works? Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where that field is displayed exactly ?
It looks like the raw content of the field is displayed and it is not coming from the "display" function of the ajax upload file custom field.
The content that you can see is the filename and the security checksum which allow the system to be sure that the user is not trying to trick and access another file.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Load the file and then save. After saving the file is renamed. After I open and I see this error message:
The field of custom settings are the same as always, but the problem occurs after I upgraded to version 3.0 of hikashop. In fact, I checked all the orders and the problem starts to occur after the update.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you sure that the field haven't been edited in another place ?
While the internal value for the "ajax custom field" is an array of values (one for the filename and another for the security check) ; the data stored in the database is just the filename.
So, I am wondering how the field has been edited because you should have that in your database, unless the saving is made regardless of the custom field system ; that the raw data is stored in the database and the custom field system is not called to perform the various "checks" and the adjustment of the data before it is saved.
For now, I would recommend you to edit the field directly in your database to just let the filename (and remove the security check).
But the question around how that data arrived in your database remains.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I wasn't clear enough.
You need to edit the field column where the data is stored.
So not the hikashop_field table ; but the table of the custom field: hikashop_order in your case because it's an order custom field.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
While the internal value for the "ajax custom field" is an array of values (one for the filename and another for the security check) ; the data stored in the database is just the filename.
So, I am wondering how the field has been edited because you should have that in your database, unless the saving is made regardless of the custom field system ; that the raw data is stored in the database and the custom field system is not called to perform the various "checks" and the adjustment of the data before it is saved.
I gave you a temporally solution, as explained.
I told you that we still need to understand how the data is stored ; so we need to have details, information, workflow ; something to let us understand what is happening and also reproduce the issue in our end.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
if you tell me what you need, I can provide all the information. I can give you the data of the site access? Or you need screenshots of the custom field settings?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I spent some time today trying to reproduce the issue and I was able to.
Thus, I've added a patch which fixes the problem.
If you download again the install package via the menu My account>My subscriptions on our website and install it on yours it will add the patch and fix the issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank You for your help, now i fixed the issue. Great support!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please re-download HikaShop 3.0.1 ; when Nicolas integrated the patch and updated the package, one patch where missing and during a short period, the packages had the issue.
But we added the missing patch so it should be far better now !
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As always I appreciate your great support. Thanks again, now everything works well!
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.