Options Name in Cart and Emails
10 years 6 months ago #233519
by Joomill
Options Name in Cart and Emails was created by Joomill
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
Hi,
I use products with options. (see attachment 1)
When i go to the cart, the option name is gone (it was there in Hikashop 2.5.0) (see attachment 2)
Also on the invoice there is no option name (attachment 3)
I'm pretty sure it should be an option/parameter set wrong, but i can't find it.
Can you help me?
THNX!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
Hi,
I use products with options. (see attachment 1)
When i go to the cart, the option name is gone (it was there in Hikashop 2.5.0) (see attachment 2)
Also on the invoice there is no option name (attachment 3)
I'm pretty sure it should be an option/parameter set wrong, but i can't find it.
Can you help me?
THNX!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #233525
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Options Name in Cart and Emails
Hi,
So could you provide some screenshot of how one of these options were configured along with the corresponding variant and provide a link to that product page ?
So could you provide some screenshot of how one of these options were configured along with the corresponding variant and provide a link to that product page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #233563
by Joomill
Replied by Joomill on topic Options Name in Cart and Emails
The productpage is:
www.banketbakkerijdevlaam.nl/producten/p...category_pathway-179
This is not the only product, but it's on all products/options.
When i have a look at: Logo
I have a product and add logo as a option (attachment 1)
For the logo option i created a new product. (attachment 2)
I add characteristics (attachment 3)
and created variants for the option-product (attachment 4)
And a screenshot of the options (attachment 5)
I think it should work this way, as it worked on hikashop 2.5.0
Thanks for your help in advance!
This is not the only product, but it's on all products/options.
When i have a look at: Logo
I have a product and add logo as a option (attachment 1)
For the logo option i created a new product. (attachment 2)
I add characteristics (attachment 3)
and created variants for the option-product (attachment 4)
And a screenshot of the options (attachment 5)
I think it should work this way, as it worked on hikashop 2.5.0
Thanks for your help in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #233566
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Options Name in Cart and Emails
Hi,
Two things:
1. The name in the variants should be empty. It would then be generated automatically and include the main product name.
That's probably why you don't get display like before.
2. I actually don't see the point in having variants and a characteristic for your option if you only have a yes/no choice.
Just remove the characteristic from the option product and directly set the price in the option product.
The yes/no will be handled automatically by the system.
Having variants for option products is useful when you have more than a yes/no choice.
Two things:
1. The name in the variants should be empty. It would then be generated automatically and include the main product name.
That's probably why you don't get display like before.
2. I actually don't see the point in having variants and a characteristic for your option if you only have a yes/no choice.
Just remove the characteristic from the option product and directly set the price in the option product.
The yes/no will be handled automatically by the system.
Having variants for option products is useful when you have more than a yes/no choice.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #233630
by Joomill
Replied by Joomill on topic Options Name in Cart and Emails
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for your reply.
1) I removed the name of the variants, but didn't help.
2) I understand this point, but we have also to deal with the product "kaarsjes" (candles) on other products like:
www.banketbakkerijdevlaam.nl/producten/p.../category_pathway-35
see attachment 1, i don't think we can do it in another way
I removed all overrides to see if i miss something, but it didn't solve it.
I figured out that when i set the option "Group options with product" in the Cart options to NO. The name of the option is diplayed correctly (see attachment 2) Can i have to do something with this option?
Thanks for your reply.
1) I removed the name of the variants, but didn't help.
2) I understand this point, but we have also to deal with the product "kaarsjes" (candles) on other products like:
www.banketbakkerijdevlaam.nl/producten/p.../category_pathway-35
see attachment 1, i don't think we can do it in another way
I removed all overrides to see if i miss something, but it didn't solve it.
I figured out that when i set the option "Group options with product" in the Cart options to NO. The name of the option is diplayed correctly (see attachment 2) Can i have to do something with this option?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #233638
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Options Name in Cart and Emails
Hi,
Ok. Try to change the code:
to:
in the file "cart" of the view "checkout" for your frontend template via the menu Display>Views. It should hopefully help.
Ok. Try to change the code:
Code:
if(empty($optionElement->variant_name)){
if(empty($optionElement->characteristics_text)){
$text = $optionElement->product_name;
}else{
$text = $optionElement->characteristics_text;
}
}else{
$text = $optionElement->variant_name;
}
Code:
$text = $optionElement->product_name;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomill
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #233676
by Joomill
Replied by Joomill on topic Options Name in Cart and Emails
Thank you Nicolas!
This works perfect
This works perfect
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds