- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 0
Add Custom Field to Order Form
10 years 6 months ago #234185
by thewebsi
Add Custom Field to Order Form was created by thewebsi
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
I thought when you add a "custom field" on the sign up page that it would show on the order form but it does not. How do I get the field to show on the order that is received?
Thank you!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
I thought when you add a "custom field" on the sign up page that it would show on the order form but it does not. How do I get the field to show on the order that is received?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #234188
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Add Custom Field to Order Form
It depends on how you configured your custom field.
How did you configure your custom field ? Please provide a screenshot of its settings.
How did you configure your custom field ? Please provide a screenshot of its settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #234505
by thewebsi
Replied by thewebsi on topic Add Custom Field to Order Form
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #234507
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Add Custom Field to Order Form
Hi,
This is a custom address field. It will display on the address edition/create form, and potentially on the HikaShop user registration form if the "ask address on registration" setting of the HikaShop configuration is activated.
If you don't see it during the checkout it can mean:
- that you're already logged in with an address
- that this setting is turned off
- that you removed the login and/or the address view of your checkout workflow
If you want a field that displays during the checkout regardless of all that, I would recommend creating a custom field of the table "order" instead. It will display on the checkout if the "fields" view is in your checkout workflow
This is a custom address field. It will display on the address edition/create form, and potentially on the HikaShop user registration form if the "ask address on registration" setting of the HikaShop configuration is activated.
If you don't see it during the checkout it can mean:
- that you're already logged in with an address
- that this setting is turned off
- that you removed the login and/or the address view of your checkout workflow
If you want a field that displays during the checkout regardless of all that, I would recommend creating a custom field of the table "order" instead. It will display on the checkout if the "fields" view is in your checkout workflow
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #234892
by thewebsi
Replied by thewebsi on topic Add Custom Field to Order Form
Hi Nicolas,
All I want is to get the information that the user entered in the custom field emailed to me. Currently the information does not come in on the order confirmation email but I can see it in the backend.
Thanks!
All I want is to get the information that the user entered in the custom field emailed to me. Currently the information does not come in on the order confirmation email but I can see it in the backend.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234900
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add Custom Field to Order Form
Hi,
You can edit the email via the menu System > Emails and in the HTML part use code like:
Put this code at the desired place in the email ,and it will show the value of the "customfield_name" of the billing address.
So just replace "customfield_name" be the real custom field column name.
You can edit the email via the menu System > Emails and in the HTML part use code like:
Code:
{VAR:billing_address.customfield_name}
Put this code at the desired place in the email ,and it will show the value of the "customfield_name" of the billing address.
So just replace "customfield_name" be the real custom field column name.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by nicolas. Reason: missing VAR in the tag
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #235377
by thewebsi
I'm trying to add that information after the shipping method as per above. If I add this in the email form would that work?
Thanks
Replied by thewebsi on topic Add Custom Field to Order Form
Code:
<!--{IF:PAYMENT}-->
<p>
<span style="color:#1c8faf !important;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;">{TXT:PAYMENT_METHOD} :</span> {VAR:PAYMENT}
</p>
<!--{ENDIF:PAYMENT}-->
<!--{IF:SHIPPING}-->
<p>
<span style="color:#1c8faf !important;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;">{TXT:HIKASHOP_SHIPPING_METHOD} :</span> {VAR:SHIPPING}
</p>
<!--{ENDIF:SHIPPING}-->
I'm trying to add that information after the shipping method as per above. If I add this in the email form would that work?
Code:
<p>
<span style="color:#1c8faf !important;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;">{billing_address.address_auxiliary_name}
</p>
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #235400
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Add Custom Field to Order Form
Hi,
No. Xavier forgot to add VAR: at the beginning of the tag in his message. Add it in your tag and it should work.
I've updated his message.
No. Xavier forgot to add VAR: at the beginning of the tag in his message. Add it in your tag and it should work.
I've updated his message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds