- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Invoices only for Confirmed orders
10 years 5 months ago #236519
by swstore
Invoices only for Confirmed orders was created by swstore
Hello I need to know if it is possible to generate invoices only for Confirmed Orders.
At the moment, Hikashop creates invoices for every order status (cancelled orders also).
Thanks
regards
At the moment, Hikashop creates invoices for every order status (cancelled orders also).
Thanks
regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236535
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Invoices only for Confirmed orders
Hi,
HikaShop provides access to the invoice on the frontend based on the setting "Invoice order statuses" of the HikaShop configuration.
So make sure that you don't have the "cancelled" status in there.
HikaShop provides access to the invoice on the frontend based on the setting "Invoice order statuses" of the HikaShop configuration.
So make sure that you don't have the "cancelled" status in there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236645
by swstore
Replied by swstore on topic Invoices only for Confirmed orders
As you can see by the screenshot attached, all the fields have been compiled in the correct way.
Is there a way to make Hikashop generate invoices only for confirmed orders?
Thanks again
Is there a way to make Hikashop generate invoices only for confirmed orders?
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236703
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Invoices only for Confirmed orders
Hi,
Well, that should be the case for the customers. On the backend, you can print invoices whenever you want regardless of the status. It's just more practical but I don't see a problem with that.
What do you mean by invoice ? Could you do a screenshot of an invoice and provide the link from where you get it ?
Well, that should be the case for the customers. On the backend, you can print invoices whenever you want regardless of the status. It's just more practical but I don't see a problem with that.
What do you mean by invoice ? Could you do a screenshot of an invoice and provide the link from where you get it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236867
by swstore
Replied by swstore on topic Invoices only for Confirmed orders
Hello Nicolas,
thanks for your explanation, but the problem is there is no way to change the invoce number manually.
My client needs to generate invoices just for confirmed orders and not for every order status.
The point is, hikashop gives an invoice number to all the order status, even cancelled and if he deletes a cancelled order on the backend, the following and the previous invoices id don't change. They should be , let's say, scalable. (ex: order 1 confirmed=invoce number 1, order 2 cancelled=no invoice, order 3 confirmed=invoice number 2, since the second order has been cancelled and there is no need to generate invoice).
Is there any way you can help us with this issue?
Thanks
thanks for your explanation, but the problem is there is no way to change the invoce number manually.
My client needs to generate invoices just for confirmed orders and not for every order status.
The point is, hikashop gives an invoice number to all the order status, even cancelled and if he deletes a cancelled order on the backend, the following and the previous invoices id don't change. They should be , let's say, scalable. (ex: order 1 confirmed=invoce number 1, order 2 cancelled=no invoice, order 3 confirmed=invoice number 2, since the second order has been cancelled and there is no need to generate invoice).
Is there any way you can help us with this issue?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236876
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Invoices only for Confirmed orders
Hi,
Well, that's the way it's supposed to work:
when an order is created and then cancelled, an invoice id is not generated, but if the order is created, confirmed, and then cancelled, it's normal that you get an invoice id generated and that you keep it.
That would mean that the previous/following orders would have a new invoice number.
Suppose I'm the guy who did the following order:
- I purchase something and I get the invoice number 15. I fill that in my accounting system.
- 2 days later, you delete the other order, and now my invoice number is 14.
But I don't know about the change, and I have in my accounting something that doesn't match what you will have on yours.
That's dangerous. You should never delete an order once it has been confirmed and that the invoice has been generated, so that the accounting can be correct.
What you're asking is probably not even legal so before you would do such change, I would advise you to discuss that with your accountant.
Well, that's the way it's supposed to work:
when an order is created and then cancelled, an invoice id is not generated, but if the order is created, confirmed, and then cancelled, it's normal that you get an invoice id generated and that you keep it.
I recommend you to reconsider what you want.if he deletes a cancelled order on the backend, the following and the previous invoices id don't change.
That would mean that the previous/following orders would have a new invoice number.
Suppose I'm the guy who did the following order:
- I purchase something and I get the invoice number 15. I fill that in my accounting system.
- 2 days later, you delete the other order, and now my invoice number is 14.
But I don't know about the change, and I have in my accounting something that doesn't match what you will have on yours.
That's dangerous. You should never delete an order once it has been confirmed and that the invoice has been generated, so that the accounting can be correct.
What you're asking is probably not even legal so before you would do such change, I would advise you to discuss that with your accountant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds