- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 1
Deposit scheme and returns added to existing order
10 years 5 months ago #236523
by nuntius
Deposit scheme and returns added to existing order was created by nuntius
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello,
Here in the Netherlands we have a deposit scheme for things such as crates for cheese, bottles for drinks or a pallet for a whole bulk of orders.
I have a webshop for a supplier who sells goods which uses such deposit-items and the deposit itself is calculated in the order price as separate items. The webshop also has many returning cliënts (it's actually a private webshop for a select group of cliënts). When an order is placed and the cliënt receives it's goods by transport it usually returns empty crates, bottles and pallets with the same transport back to the warehouse.
Now the webshop owner (my client) wants to manually add these returned deposit-items to the existing order so that these are deducted from the total invoice before sending the invoice.
Ideally this would be done by adding the item to the invoice and making the numbers a negative, but as I understand it negative numbers are not allowed in the quantity of a product on the order. I can ofcourse customize that myself for it to work, but Is there a better way to handle this?
Thank you in advance and kind regards,
Teeuwis Hillebrand
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello,
Here in the Netherlands we have a deposit scheme for things such as crates for cheese, bottles for drinks or a pallet for a whole bulk of orders.
I have a webshop for a supplier who sells goods which uses such deposit-items and the deposit itself is calculated in the order price as separate items. The webshop also has many returning cliënts (it's actually a private webshop for a select group of cliënts). When an order is placed and the cliënt receives it's goods by transport it usually returns empty crates, bottles and pallets with the same transport back to the warehouse.
Now the webshop owner (my client) wants to manually add these returned deposit-items to the existing order so that these are deducted from the total invoice before sending the invoice.
Ideally this would be done by adding the item to the invoice and making the numbers a negative, but as I understand it negative numbers are not allowed in the quantity of a product on the order. I can ofcourse customize that myself for it to work, but Is there a better way to handle this?
Thank you in advance and kind regards,
Teeuwis Hillebrand
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236533
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Deposit scheme and returns added to existing order
Hi,
Why not have a positive quantity and a negative price for these products you manually add to the orders ?
Why not have a positive quantity and a negative price for these products you manually add to the orders ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236840
by nuntius
Replied by nuntius on topic Deposit scheme and returns added to existing order
Hi Nicolas,
That is the current solution I implemented and works OK for the invoice part. The downside however is that I am unable to monitor how much crates there are available in the warehouse with this construction. My wish is to have the negative quantity and the positive quantity in the order affecting the total quantity available for that product.
Or should I handle that differently?
Than you in advance for your feedback!
Kind regards,
Teeuwis Hillebrand
That is the current solution I implemented and works OK for the invoice part. The downside however is that I am unable to monitor how much crates there are available in the warehouse with this construction. My wish is to have the negative quantity and the positive quantity in the order affecting the total quantity available for that product.
Or should I handle that differently?
Than you in advance for your feedback!
Kind regards,
Teeuwis Hillebrand
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #236843
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Deposit scheme and returns added to existing order
Hi,
Well, negative quantity is not supposed to happen. So if you want to do it like that, it would require modifying the code I guess.
I don't see another solution for that.
Well, negative quantity is not supposed to happen. So if you want to do it like that, it would require modifying the code I guess.
I don't see another solution for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds