Skip to main content

Customer Account Option

More
10 years 2 months ago #246438 by BounceHouseOwner
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.boodlebouncers.com/index.php/account/order
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1

Good day fellas.
I discovered how to add a menu "Account" to the website. This is pretty cool by the way! I have several questions.
1. The edit profile. I want the customer to use their email address for the username. Would I remove this box all together? I don't have a username box active in the registration. If I would, how do I do this?

2. How do I disable the basic settings in the edit profile?

3. Address. This area does not specify what type of address is being inserted here. Is it shipping or billing? I would like to know how to update the header in this area for clarification for the customer.

4. Orders. I have not gotten too into this area yet, but the layout looks really bad. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #246439 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Customer Account Option
Hi,

1. That's the Joomla profile edition page, it's not a HikaShop page. Editing the XML file for the profile view seems to be the way to go about it:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=814757#p3089114

2. Again, that's something controlled by Joomla. There is actually a setting in the Joomla user manager options page to deactivate that area.

3. There is no address type in HikaShop. When you add an address, it can be used both for shipping and billing.

4. It looks like a problem with the CSS of your Joomla template. Switch to the default template of Joomla temporarily and it should look fine. So you'll have to see with your template provider what modification is necessary in the CSS of the template to not break the display like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #246933 by BounceHouseOwner
Does Hikashop have a feature that allows customers to access their account and their orders or do I have to use Joomla's Account page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #246937 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

Hikashop use Joomla users so the solution will be to let them login by using their Joomla account.

If you want your customers to be able to check their orders, you'll just have to create a "customer orders" menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247302 by BounceHouseOwner
Thanks Mohamed. I believe you are referring to the one I have showing in the picture below, right? There's a link on my menu that says "Account". When the customer logs in, they are taken to the screen (which is in the image).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #247312 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Customer Account Option
Hi,

Yes. You can do it like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum