- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 2
How to not have VAT calculations display in back-end Products list?
9 years 8 months ago #259025
by scarney
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.veggievore.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.13
I just looked at an order and found that there is a section called Product List of the back-end order information that is for some reason displaying a calculation that includes VAT which is not relevant to us. I see that the actual order did properly charge Texas Sales Tax so this information in the Product list section is not relevant. But, it did confuse me for awhile.
How can i change this? I am attaching an image of the bottom with the VAT calculation and the top which properly calculates the Texas Sales Tax.
Thank you,
Sean Carney
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.13
I just looked at an order and found that there is a section called Product List of the back-end order information that is for some reason displaying a calculation that includes VAT which is not relevant to us. I see that the actual order did properly charge Texas Sales Tax so this information in the Product list section is not relevant. But, it did confuse me for awhile.
How can i change this? I am attaching an image of the bottom with the VAT calculation and the top which properly calculates the Texas Sales Tax.
Thank you,
Sean Carney
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259026
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic How to not have VAT calculations display in back-end Products list?
I did just find one setting in my PayPal gateway set up that might have something to do with this???
In the Generic configuration section onf the PayPal gateway set up in an option called Tax Category which I found set as "None" and I am wondering if I am supposed to have that set as "Default tax category" and if so would that explain this?
In the Generic configuration section onf the PayPal gateway set up in an option called Tax Category which I found set as "None" and I am wondering if I am supposed to have that set as "Default tax category" and if so would that explain this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259063
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to not have VAT calculations display in back-end Products list?
Hi,
I don't see why that would be linked to PayPal.
It is important to display the tax for each product in the order so that you know the repartition of the tax amounts as different products can be taxed with a different percentage.
If you don't want that, then edit the file "show_products" of the view "order" for your backend template via the menu Display>Views and change the line:
to:
I don't see why that would be linked to PayPal.
It is important to display the tax for each product in the order so that you know the repartition of the tax amounts as different products can be taxed with a different percentage.
If you don't want that, then edit the file "show_products" of the view "order" for your backend template via the menu Display>Views and change the line:
Code:
<td class="hikashop_order_item_total_price_value"><?php echo $this->currencyHelper->format($product->order_product_total_price, $this->order->order_currency_id);?></td>
Code:
<td class="hikashop_order_item_total_price_value"><?php echo $this->currencyHelper->format($product->order_product_price*$product->order_product_quantity, $this->order->order_currency_id);?></td>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #259390
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic How to not have VAT calculations display in back-end Products list?
Thank you for the reply.
I am actually happy to have the tax calculated there. I was just writing because it was calculating VAT instead of Texas Sales Tax.
Can you tell me why it might have been calculating VAT in the Product List section of the back-end order information?
In the Additional information section it is properly displaying Texas Sales Tax.
Thank you, Sean
I am actually happy to have the tax calculated there. I was just writing because it was calculating VAT instead of Texas Sales Tax.
Can you tell me why it might have been calculating VAT in the Product List section of the back-end order information?
In the Additional information section it is properly displaying Texas Sales Tax.
Thank you, Sean
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by scarney.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259414
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to not have VAT calculations display in back-end Products list?
Hi,
Then it's just a matter of texts.
You must be using the language en-GB instead of en-US and in that case the text there uses the term "VAT" instead of "sales taxes".
You can change that text with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Then it's just a matter of texts.
You must be using the language en-GB instead of en-US and in that case the text there uses the term "VAT" instead of "sales taxes".
You can change that text with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259787
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic How to not have VAT calculations display in back-end Products list?
Sorry to be so slow to respond. Thank you very much for your response. ]
However, there also has to be something else going on besides just a language translation. I could get rid of the language string easily enough but the amount that is being calculated and displayed is also wrong. It appears to possibly be based on a VAT percentage?
If you look at the two images I submitted originally you can see that the top of the page has the correct amount. The bottom section where it says VAT is displaying the wrong amount.
In "Additional information" the correct Texas Sales Tax is displayed which is $1.93
In "Product list" a wrong amount is displayed. What shows is the following: +1.65 of VAT
I am wondering if maybe this problem was caused because in the PayPal gateway set up the called Tax Category was set as "None"\
It is now set as "Default tax category" which I am hoping will fix this. Do you think it will?
I can then deal with the language override. I can't remember just now why I used en-GB. But, I think there was something else that didn't work right with en-US
Thanks, Sean
However, there also has to be something else going on besides just a language translation. I could get rid of the language string easily enough but the amount that is being calculated and displayed is also wrong. It appears to possibly be based on a VAT percentage?
If you look at the two images I submitted originally you can see that the top of the page has the correct amount. The bottom section where it says VAT is displaying the wrong amount.
In "Additional information" the correct Texas Sales Tax is displayed which is $1.93
In "Product list" a wrong amount is displayed. What shows is the following: +1.65 of VAT
I am wondering if maybe this problem was caused because in the PayPal gateway set up the called Tax Category was set as "None"\
It is now set as "Default tax category" which I am hoping will fix this. Do you think it will?
I can then deal with the language override. I can't remember just now why I used en-GB. But, I think there was something else that didn't work right with en-US
Thanks, Sean
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259814
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to not have VAT calculations display in back-end Products list?
Hi,
The difference you see in the amount is probably the shipping fee taxes. Set the tax category to none in your shipping method if you don't want it to be taxed and you should then have the order total tax amount equal to the sum of the tax amounts of the products.
Since you don't have any payment fee, setting the tax category in the payment method won't change anything.
The difference you see in the amount is probably the shipping fee taxes. Set the tax category to none in your shipping method if you don't want it to be taxed and you should then have the order total tax amount equal to the sum of the tax amounts of the products.
Since you don't have any payment fee, setting the tax category in the payment method won't change anything.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #260298
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic How to not have VAT calculations display in back-end Products list?
Ok. I finally get what is going on here. Sorry to be so slow to reply. It has not been a serious enough problem to get my attention.
But, what is happening is not really a problem so I am not going to worry about it.
I do have to collect taxes on shipping in Texas and that is reflected properly in the Additional Information area.
The Products area of the Order is calculating the tax on the product alone and not including the tax on the shipping. That is why the numbers are different. And, nobody but me sees that section so I think I can just leave it alone.
Sean
But, what is happening is not really a problem so I am not going to worry about it.
I do have to collect taxes on shipping in Texas and that is reflected properly in the Additional Information area.
The Products area of the Order is calculating the tax on the product alone and not including the tax on the shipping. That is why the numbers are different. And, nobody but me sees that section so I think I can just leave it alone.
Sean
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds