- Posts: 637
- Thank you received: 26
How to add a name in the admin e-mail notification
9 years 3 months ago #272905
by Lumiga
Kind regards,
Lumiga
How to add a name in the admin e-mail notification was created by Lumiga
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7
Hi Hikashop,
When a shop owner gets an email with the notification that there is a new order, there is a incorrect preamble.
We miss the name after the word Hello.
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? And how I can fix this issue.
I know I can change the Language file, but I saw that it is dynamically filled so there must be something wrong in my configuration I think.
Kind regards,
Lumiga
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7
Hi Hikashop,
When a shop owner gets an email with the notification that there is a new order, there is a incorrect preamble.
We miss the name after the word Hello.
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? And how I can fix this issue.
I know I can change the Language file, but I saw that it is dynamically filled so there must be something wrong in my configuration I think.
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 months ago #272944
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to add a name in the admin e-mail notification
Hi,
That's normal. In the HikaShop configuration, there is a setting to enter the "order administrator notification email address". So the system knows the email address where to send that email. But there is no setting to enter the name. So the name is left blank there.
We didn't want to add too many almost useless options so we left it like that.
If you want to change that, you would have to change the email preload to change the CUSTOMER to add the name you want in hard coding. But I don't see the point of changing that since that's for yourself anyway.
That's normal. In the HikaShop configuration, there is a setting to enter the "order administrator notification email address". So the system knows the email address where to send that email. But there is no setting to enter the name. So the name is left blank there.
We didn't want to add too many almost useless options so we left it like that.
If you want to change that, you would have to change the email preload to change the CUSTOMER to add the name you want in hard coding. But I don't see the point of changing that since that's for yourself anyway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 months ago #273064
by Lumiga
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Replied by Lumiga on topic How to add a name in the admin e-mail notification
Thanks Nicolas,
Good to know that I don't miss a thing.
It's just perfectionism why I would like this
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Good to know that I don't miss a thing.
It's just perfectionism why I would like this
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #284497
by Lumiga
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Replied by Lumiga on topic How to add a name in the admin e-mail notification
Hi Nicolas,
Can you please help me with the code to get the site owners name into the email preload as you suggested.
I don't know how to do this.
Thanks!
Can you please help me with the code to get the site owners name into the email preload as you suggested.
I don't know how to do this.
Thanks!
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #284501
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to add a name in the admin e-mail notification
Hi,
You can change that line:
'HI_CUSTOMER' => JText::sprintf('HI_CUSTOMER', @$mail->to_name),
to for example:
'HI_CUSTOMER' => JText::sprintf('HI_CUSTOMER', 'Sailfin73'),
You can change that line:
'HI_CUSTOMER' => JText::sprintf('HI_CUSTOMER', @$mail->to_name),
to for example:
'HI_CUSTOMER' => JText::sprintf('HI_CUSTOMER', 'Sailfin73'),
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #284606
by Lumiga
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Replied by Lumiga on topic How to add a name in the admin e-mail notification
Thanks Nicolas!
Kind regards,
Lumiga
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds