Skip to main content

Using Hika Serial to access certain pages e.g. none Joomla Groups?

More
9 years 1 month ago #277115 by paurray
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.finalbug.net
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 7.5.5
-- PHP version -- : PHP 7.1.7 .
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hello Hika Shop

This is I guess a kind of pre sales question.
As of now I have a workflow where I
a) Use Hikashop as a store front to display products in conjunction with Easy Social.
www.finalbug.net/paul-david-murray/233-course-list
b) Have a plugin that takes a customer from the product to a reseller.
github.com/DeligenceTechnologies/DT-Fast...Payment-for-HikaShop
c) Confirms that the product has been paid for at the resellers end in the Hika Shop Component.

The product I am selling is access to a password protected (Easy Social / NOT Joomla) group such as this here:

www.finalbug.net/groups-learn-post-produ...x-foundations-videos

One of the functions of the reseller is to send a email where I can insert a password from a list of e.g. 100 pre defined passwords.
I can generate passwords here for e.g.:
www.random.org/

I can then insert the passwords in my site using this component here:
www.jlexart.com/jlex-block

I am wondering if there is maybe a more elegant way of doing this with for e.g.:

www.hikashop.com/extensions/hikaserial.html

If so could you kindly point me in the right direction.

thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277121 by nicolas
Hi,

HikaSerial can indeed add a serial automatically to the email/order upon confirmation of the payment. And that serial can be used with the "consume" page of HikaSerial to add a user group to the user and grant him access to some place of your website restricted to that user group. Now the user group consume plugin of HikaSerial which does that adds standard Joomla user groups.
If you wanted instead for HikaSerial to add a Easysocial user group to the user upon serial consumption, it would require the development of a small consume plugin to do that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...html#consumer_plugin
It's not necessarily complex to do. If you're a developer and EasySocial can tell you how to add an EasySocial user group to a user, it should be a walk in the park.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paurray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #277189 by paurray
Hi Nicolas

I am not a developer but where there is a will there is a way. :P
Lets see what Stackideas say:
stackideas.com/forums/how-to-add-a-user-group-to-a-user

thanks

Paul
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by paurray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #277509 by paurray
Hello Nicolas

Here is Mark´s response:

I think you should be looking at the triggers within Hikashop when a person purchases something. Assigning a user into an EasySocial group is pretty simple


Which also makes me wonder if Hika Serial is maybe over kill.
I do see references to Triggers in the Hikashop documentation.

And here is the code he is suggesting:
Code:
$group = ES::group($groupId); $group->createMember($user->id, true);

a) Thus I am wondering what is the complimentary code I would need at the Hikashop end.
I am guessing something like "on order confirmation then move on and run the Stackideas code"
b) Is there a simpler way of getting this to work than writing a plugin maybe within the standard HikaShop installation?

thanks

Paul
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by paurray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277524 by Jerome
Hello,

The suggestion of HikaSerial was just for the "consume" feature.
But if you want to perform an automatic task when an order is confirmed, you can check the plugin "group after purchase", duplicate it to have a "EasySocial after purchase". And yes, in such case HikaSerial will be "too much" for your needs.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277549 by paurray
Hi Jerome

Thank you for your reply and advice.
Entering "group after purchase" into the search field in your documentation gives me 3 results:

a) HikaSerial : Group association consumer
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...iation-consumer.html

b) Group Assignation Consumer plugin
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...upconsumer-form.html

c)Group Filter Consumer plugin
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...erconsumer-form.html

d) Something else?

Kindly advise which one I should be looking at.

thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277554 by nicolas
Hi,

We're talking about the code of the "group after purchase" plugin.
There is no documentation for it.
You need to look in the folder plugins/hikashop/group where the files of the plugin are.
Copy them, modify their code to create a new plugin to support EasySocial instead and install the plugin on your website and activate it and you'll be done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277605 by paurray
Hi Nicolas

It does not appear to be there.
Kindly see screen shots.
Am I missing something or is there a link where I can find it?

thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277608 by Jerome
Hi,

You're not missing something, it's just that you do not have access to that plugin since it's a feature provided by HikaShop Business (related to all ACL features).
So, I'm afraid that you need to start the plugin "from scratch" and use the developer documentation for selecting the triggers which will suit you most :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...mentation.html#order

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277697 by paurray
Hi Jerome

Thanks for the tip I have now upgraded.

all the best

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum