- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Can refunds automatically change the order status?
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
Hi,
When a Paypal refund is processed, I get the email:
"Hello,
A Paypal notification was received with the status Refunded. The order status was not changed"
Is there anyway of making the order status change to "refunded"?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In your payment mehtod, you can change the "Invalid status" setting to "refunded" and that should do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Thanks for your reply. I changed the "invalid status" to "refunded". I still get the same email:
"Hello,
A Paypal notification was received with the status Refunded. The order status was not changed
Check the documentation concerning this issue at www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_up...-paypal-error#status "
The order status within Hikashop is still unchanged.
Is there something else?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you also check that you have correctly set the "Allow payment notifications from PayPal" option of your PayPal configuration page to Yes ?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Yes, "Allow payment notifications from PayPal" is set to Yes.
Thanks,
Josh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry, I checked the code and I was wrong. The status won't change when a refund notification is received. It has to be done manually.
Allowing that woul require the modification of the PayPal plugin file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php, replacing the code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Thanks for this! I will try this on my dev server later this week.
Is this problem amended with the latest version of Hikashop?
Thanks,
Josh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Thank you! I have this working. Where can I locate the email
Hello,
A Paypal notification was received with the status Refunded. The order status was not changed
I would like to change
The order status was not changed
Thanks,
Josh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. No. It's not a problem. It's done on purpose so as to not automatically cancel orders on your website, giving you the time to check that the payment notification is legit and you want to really change the status.
2. You can use a translation override in order to change that text:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Regards,
Josh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.