- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Tracking Number and Paypal Payment Notification Email
8 years 1 month ago #297103
by MyWorld
Tracking Number and Paypal Payment Notification Email was created by MyWorld
1) I was looking to see if there is a spot to put a tracking number when I'm changing the status to "Shipped" but I don't see one. Is there a place to add the tracking number in the email and I missed it?
2) I know we don't have control over what comes in the Paypal email but I'm asking just in case it's possible. When I receive the paypal payment notification email, it does not indicated what was purchased, it only shows the email and the customer address.
Is it possible to include in that email what the person purchased?
Thanks!
2) I know we don't have control over what comes in the Paypal email but I'm asking just in case it's possible. When I receive the paypal payment notification email, it does not indicated what was purchased, it only shows the email and the customer address.
Is it possible to include in that email what the person purchased?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 1 month ago #297179
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Tracking Number and Paypal Payment Notification Email
Hi,
1. You can create a custom field of the table "order" so that you can enter that tracking number in the order when you change the status.
2. Try activating the "send order details" setting of the payment method. With that setting turned off, PayPal doesn't get the details of the order and thus cannot include it in the email. With that setting turned on, it gets the details and thus can use it. Now, if with that setting you don't get the details in the notification from PayPal, I can't help
1. You can create a custom field of the table "order" so that you can enter that tracking number in the order when you change the status.
2. Try activating the "send order details" setting of the payment method. With that setting turned off, PayPal doesn't get the details of the order and thus cannot include it in the email. With that setting turned on, it gets the details and thus can use it. Now, if with that setting you don't get the details in the notification from PayPal, I can't help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 4 weeks ago #297703
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Tracking Number and Paypal Payment Notification Email
1) I did that and it's great except is there a way to link it automatically to the site where the tracking information is located, for example, Canada Post?
2) I activated it as suggested. I suppose there is no way to test it in case there is an issue?
Thanks for all your help!!
2) I activated it as suggested. I suppose there is no way to test it in case there is an issue?
Thanks for all your help!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
8 years 3 weeks ago #297730
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Tracking Number and Paypal Payment Notification Email
Hello,
1. There's actually no option to do that, so the solution will be to directly be to customize Hikashop emails code to develop that feature.
Note that you can also add a message on your emails saying that "the tracking code can be used via the following LINK" for example.
2. Well, it should do the job, but it's always good to test changes on your website before applying it on your live websites.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
1. There's actually no option to do that, so the solution will be to directly be to customize Hikashop emails code to develop that feature.
Note that you can also add a message on your emails saying that "the tracking code can be used via the following LINK" for example.
2. Well, it should do the job, but it's always good to test changes on your website before applying it on your live websites.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds