Skip to main content

How to view order IP address

More
6 years 4 months ago #320033 by Crashbandi
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.luxminime.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.31

Hi,

I have configured Hikashop to capture the customers IP address, but I can't see where to view it? Could you let me know.

Regards,
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #320046 by nicolas
Hi,

If you've activated the "log ip address" setting under the "order" section of the Hikashop configuration's main tab, you'll see the IP address in the "Customer" area when you edit an order in the backend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #320063 by Crashbandi
Hi,

I have "log ip address" activated, but I can't see it when I go to edit an order.
In the "Customer" area there is only "Name", "Email" and "ID".

Regards,
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #320084 by nicolas
Hi,

You're right, there is a bug here. I've added a patch on our end to fix that.
Download the install package on our website again and install it on yours to get the patch.
Note that the IP address will actually be in the main information area and not in the customer area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crashbandi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #320105 by Crashbandi
Thanks very much Nicolas. It's working fine now.

Regards,
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #320376 by Crashbandi
Hi,

Just a quick one.
I'm checking the locations of where orders are placed and I notice 2 orders from different customers with the same IP address? One customer address is in Bratislava and one in Košice, thats over 400 km apart. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #320388 by nicolas
Hi,

They might be using the same VPN, or same proxy to access the Internet.
www.namecheap.com/vpn/how-does-vpn-virtu...rivate-network-work/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #320417 by Crashbandi
Hi,

I have checked the IP address on line and it says:
Fixed Line ISP
City: Kosice
Does this mean both orders were placed in Kosice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #320432 by nicolas
Yes. Now it doesn't mean that it's the same house.
Their ISP could be doing IP NAT translations if they can't provide IPv4 addresses to them, or they might live in the same campus, or ordered from their company place even though they live in different houses.
There are many scenarios possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum