- Posts: 447
- Thank you received: 20
Created Order Showing as Paid
6 years 3 months ago #320747
by davec
Created Order Showing as Paid was created by davec
Hi
I seem to have a bit of an issue. When and order is created is showing as paid with PayPal. I wouldn't expect that to be the case if payment has not been made. I also wouldn't expect the invoice to be an option of the order hasn't been paid for.
I have attached the order statuses that are set up.
Thanks
David
I seem to have a bit of an issue. When and order is created is showing as paid with PayPal. I wouldn't expect that to be the case if payment has not been made. I also wouldn't expect the invoice to be an option of the order hasn't been paid for.
I have attached the order statuses that are set up.
Thanks
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320750
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hi,
Regarding the "paid with:" that's because you made a translation override from "payment method" to "paid with". I suppose this was made to better suits your needs elsewhere.
So this actually just displays the selected payment method, and doesn't imply that the order has been paid. It's just your translation override which implies that.
Regarding the invoice being available, I'm not sure what you mean. Where is the invoice available ? In the frontend for the customer ? Your order statuses are not configured to allow the invoice to be available to the customer.
So I don't see why the invoice would be available, unless you have installed the PDF invoice plugin, and you configured its settings to provide the invoice for created orders.
Now please note that regardless of the status of the order, you can always print the invoice of an order in the backend (because sometimes, vendors will want to provide the invoice before the order is paid as the customer will use the invoice to pay the vendor).
Regarding the "paid with:" that's because you made a translation override from "payment method" to "paid with". I suppose this was made to better suits your needs elsewhere.
So this actually just displays the selected payment method, and doesn't imply that the order has been paid. It's just your translation override which implies that.
Regarding the invoice being available, I'm not sure what you mean. Where is the invoice available ? In the frontend for the customer ? Your order statuses are not configured to allow the invoice to be available to the customer.
So I don't see why the invoice would be available, unless you have installed the PDF invoice plugin, and you configured its settings to provide the invoice for created orders.
Now please note that regardless of the status of the order, you can always print the invoice of an order in the backend (because sometimes, vendors will want to provide the invoice before the order is paid as the customer will use the invoice to pay the vendor).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320815
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hi Nicolas
Thanks for the reply.
I am using the attach invoice PDF plugin.
I do have a language override. If I remove it the text still says Payment method : PayPal which suggest that the order has been paid for. If I disable the plugin I still get the same message on an invoice. The settings for the plugin are in the attached screenshot.
I take your point regarding the invoice and it is only for the back-end.
Thanks
David
Thanks for the reply.
I am using the attach invoice PDF plugin.
I do have a language override. If I remove it the text still says Payment method : PayPal which suggest that the order has been paid for. If I disable the plugin I still get the same message on an invoice. The settings for the plugin are in the attached screenshot.
I take your point regarding the invoice and it is only for the back-end.
Thanks
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320819
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hi,
Well, to me "payment method: PayPal" means that PayPal has been selected as payment method, not that the payment has been made.
But if you want to change that, you can change it to "selected payment method: PayPal" for example.
And if you want to remove it altogether, it's possible, which view file to edit or email, depends on where you're looking at so I can't say exactly as your screenshot only shows that area, and not on which page that area is being displayed.
Well, to me "payment method: PayPal" means that PayPal has been selected as payment method, not that the payment has been made.
But if you want to change that, you can change it to "selected payment method: PayPal" for example.
And if you want to remove it altogether, it's possible, which view file to edit or email, depends on where you're looking at so I can't say exactly as your screenshot only shows that area, and not on which page that area is being displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320865
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hi Nicolas
Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible for that message to be changed when payment has been made?
Thanks
David
Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible for that message to be changed when payment has been made?
Thanks
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320877
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hi,
Again, I don't know which page you're talking about as that payment method name area is displayed in many different places.
So I can't say. I would first need more information from you on where you want to change that.
Again, I don't know which page you're talking about as that payment method name area is displayed in many different places.
So I can't say. I would first need more information from you on where you want to change that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #321271
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hello Nicolas
apologies for such a late reply.
The area I am looking at is at the bottom of the invoice. I am using the Plugin PDF as well.
Thanks
David
apologies for such a late reply.
The area I am looking at is at the bottom of the invoice. I am using the Plugin PDF as well.
Thanks
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #321273
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hi,
Since you're using the PDF invoice plugin, the invoice is generated with the file plugins/hikashop/attachinvoice/attachinvoice/invoice.php
It's this code which displays the payment method line there :
Since you're using the PDF invoice plugin, the invoice is generated with the file plugins/hikashop/attachinvoice/attachinvoice/invoice.php
It's this code which displays the payment method line there :
Code:
if(!empty($pluginsPayment))
echo JText::_('HIKASHOP_PAYMENT_METHOD').' : '.$pluginsPayment->getName($order->order_payment_method, $order->order_payment_id).'<br/>';
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #321329
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hi Nicolas
Thanks for this. What I would like to achieve is a change in status in that line. So if it is paid it would say paid with PayPal for instance. If payment is outstanding then it would show as payment outstanding and a link possibly as in the email that a client receives asking them to make payment.
Thanks
David
Thanks for this. What I would like to achieve is a change in status in that line. So if it is paid it would say paid with PayPal for instance. If payment is outstanding then it would show as payment outstanding and a link possibly as in the email that a client receives asking them to make payment.
Thanks
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #321338
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Created Order Showing as Paid
Hi,
Please understand that I already gave you the place where to do that. If you want us to work on that for you, it's possible, we'll have to bill you that work as an extra as that's not support but custom development.
If you're interested, you can use our contact form to request a quote:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please understand that I already gave you the place where to do that. If you want us to work on that for you, it's possible, we'll have to bill you that work as an extra as that's not support but custom development.
If you're interested, you can use our contact form to request a quote:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: davec
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds