- Posts: 237
- Thank you received: 5
No confirmation emails to Guest checkouts
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
Help!
It appears that when a person checks out as a Guest they do not receive a confirmation email from the system.
Is there a setting somewhere I can check or modify to force emails to guest checkouts?
Thanks
Lee
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't know of any way to not send an order creation/status notification email only for guest users.
So what you're describing is strange
Could you provide a screenshot of an order details with the issue ? (you can blur the sensitive information on the screenshot)
Could you also provide a screenshot of all the settings under the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration so that we know how your checkout is setup ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just following up on this issue, because I have the same issue. No confirmation was sent. Also after a test payment with iDeal, I was re-directed to a page with a link to check the order I placed. After clicking this link the (guest) customer has to log-in, which can't be done, because there is only the possibility to check-out as a guest.
Hope to hear from you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What is the URL of the link on the thank you page ?
Do you have the issue with the order not being confirmed with purchased made while being logged in with a normal joomla user ?
Could you provide a screenshot of an order details with the issue ? (you can blur the sensitive information on the screenshot)
Could you also provide a screenshot of all the settings under the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration so that we know how your checkout is setup ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: Hi,
What is the URL of the link on the thank you page ?
/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end&order_id=676&Itemid=920
Do you have the issue with the order not being confirmed with purchased made while being logged in with a normal joomla user ?
I was logged in as a Joomla user. When ordering a second time while being not logged in, I received the confirmation mail!
Could you provide a screenshot of an order details with the issue ? (you can blur the sensitive information on the screenshot)
Could you also provide a screenshot of all the settings under the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration so that we know how your checkout is setup ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It seems that in your last message, you're saying that it worked with a guest purchase, and didn't work with a logged in purchase, which is the opposite of what you were saying until now.
Do you confirm ?
In that case, it means that it's not linked to whether the user is logged in or not for the purchase.
Also, on your screenshot of the order information, I can see that the order was not confirmed and stayed "created".
And in the history, no automatic payment notification was received.
So it doesn't look like it's an email issue, but rather a payment notification issue.
Looking at the order information, I can see that you're using Ideal so I suppose you're using a third party payment plugin.
You'll probably have to check with the support of the payment plugin you're using for help here.
However, a good start is to read this documentation about the same issue but with the PayPal plugin:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
Many things explained here also apply to other payment plugins so it's worth checking.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Still remains for the second placed order is my question: "After a test payment with iDeal, I was re-directed to a page with a link to check the order I placed. After clicking this link the (guest) customer has to log-in, which can't be done, because there is only the possibility to check-out as a guest." Instead of a thank you page. Is that a configuration issue?
Cheers,
Remco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
"After clicking this link the (guest) customer has to log-in, which can't be done, because there is only the possibility to check-out as a guest." Instead of a thank you page. Is that a configuration issue?"
Not sure to understand your question, because this can be a configuration issue, but in your Ideal payment method.
Can say much more as we didn't create this plugin, but theoretically some payment method can provide to payment platform the retrun url (to your website) to the payment servers, and then your customer don't arrived in the right place OR with the good parameters.
But can't say much more, hope this will help you to progress on your subject.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There are 2 options to pay in the shop: 'Payment in advance' and 'iDEAL' via Sisow plug-in. When using 'payment in advance' the customer will return to the following url with info how to pay in advance: /webwinkel/checkout/confirm. This is correct!
But when using the iDEAL payment the visitor will return, after paying, to a thank you page with a link to a log-in page: /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end&order_id=681&itemid=920. This is something we don't want, becuase the customer can't log-in and should be send to a thank you page without the possibility to log-in.
Do I understand you correct that I have to check with Sisow to which return url a customer will be sent by them?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
RustyHika wrote: Hi Philip and Nicolas,
There are 2 options to pay in the shop: 'Payment in advance' and 'iDEAL' via Sisow plug-in. When using 'payment in advance' the customer will return to the following url with info how to pay in advance: /webwinkel/checkout/confirm. This is correct!
But when using the iDEAL payment the visitor will return, after paying, to a thank you page with a link to a log-in page: /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end&order_id=681&itemid=920. This is something we don't want, becuase the customer can't log-in and should be send to a thank you page without the possibility to log-in.
Do I understand you correct that I have to check with Sisow to which return url a customer will be sent by them?
Hi Philip or Nicolas,
Can you please respond to the question mentioned above?
Thanks in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
"Do I understand you correct that I have to check with Sisow to which return url a customer will be sent by them?"
As we haven't develop this plugin our response cannot be precise or specific, and so yes your best way is to contact the plugin developer support.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I had to delete the log-in option in 'checkout / after_end.php'.
Cheers,
Remco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for this returns, but we are really not sure to follow your idea with your last message.
Are we agree that this is another subject or another issue, right?
If, yes sorry about this return but you have to create a new topic, because for keep our forum clear and useful for everyone, you have to follow this rule : one issue per Topic.
We thank you in advance for your understanding.
For your next topic, we advice you to provide more elements, like context, needs to fulfill, relative configuration page screenshot etc.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just wanted to let you know that I solved the problem with Sisow support. Next time I will make a separate topic, sorry for that!
Cheers,
Remco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just delete:
in 'checkout / after_end.php'.
Cheers,
Remco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.