- Posts: 237
- Thank you received: 5
Restrict sale of product
5 years 9 months ago #327928
by ltempest
Restrict sale of product was created by ltempest
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
Hello,
I have a certain number of products on my clients site that cannot be sold to certain countries. They cannot be exported so cannot be purchased in those countries. I've read on other posts about creating shipping methods and restricting this way, but is there not a simpler option and under the Restrictions & Dimensions box on each product to select those countries that cannot purchase them?
Is there another way other than shipping methods?
Thanks
Lee
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
Hello,
I have a certain number of products on my clients site that cannot be sold to certain countries. They cannot be exported so cannot be purchased in those countries. I've read on other posts about creating shipping methods and restricting this way, but is there not a simpler option and under the Restrictions & Dimensions box on each product to select those countries that cannot purchase them?
Is there another way other than shipping methods?
Thanks
Lee
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 9 months ago #327930
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Restrict sale of product
Hi,
I don't know of other ways. I would indeed recommend creating shipping methods restricted by zone with their "shipping price per product" setting activated so that you can then use the "shipping prices" area of the product edit interface to block shipping methods when the products you don't want to ship to the corresponding zones are in the cart.
Besides that, you could develop your own shipping plugin to deal with the restriction. You could probably simply the setup that way but I don't think the time and money spend on such development would be worth it compared to just setting up shipping methods as described.
I don't know of other ways. I would indeed recommend creating shipping methods restricted by zone with their "shipping price per product" setting activated so that you can then use the "shipping prices" area of the product edit interface to block shipping methods when the products you don't want to ship to the corresponding zones are in the cart.
Besides that, you could develop your own shipping plugin to deal with the restriction. You could probably simply the setup that way but I don't think the time and money spend on such development would be worth it compared to just setting up shipping methods as described.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds