- Posts: 447
- Thank you received: 20
Hide Custom Field Text In Admin
5 years 3 months ago #333939
by davec
Hide Custom Field Text In Admin was created by davec
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
Hi
I have created a custom field in the table order to display some text on the front end of the site, additional information. It also shows in the admin on the order page. I have tried to set the display Back-end Form to no but upon saving it reverts back to yes. Is there a way to override this or an alternative to display the message on the front end?
Thanks
David
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
Hi
I have created a custom field in the table order to display some text on the front end of the site, additional information. It also shows in the admin on the order page. I have tried to set the display Back-end Form to no but upon saving it reverts back to yes. Is there a way to override this or an alternative to display the message on the front end?
Thanks
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333961
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hide Custom Field Text In Admin
Hi,
That option is indeed forced to yes for backward compatibility. However, that was made years ago and I don't think it's necessary anymore.
Change the line:
if(in_array($field->field_table, array('order', 'product'))) {
to:
if(in_array($field->field_table, array('product'))) {
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php and that should then work properly.
That option is indeed forced to yes for backward compatibility. However, that was made years ago and I don't think it's necessary anymore.
Change the line:
if(in_array($field->field_table, array('order', 'product'))) {
to:
if(in_array($field->field_table, array('product'))) {
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php and that should then work properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davec
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333963
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Hide Custom Field Text In Admin
Hi Nicolas
thanks for the code change. I assume this will be addressed in the next update?
Thanks
David
thanks for the code change. I assume this will be addressed in the next update?
Thanks
David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 3 months ago #333965
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hide Custom Field Text In Admin
Yes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds