- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 1
Error Adding/Removing Items to/from Cart Module
When I add items to my cart, regardless of what I've got in the configuration page for checkout, I get booted back to the home page (even though the item is added to the cart).
If I go to the checkout and remove an item from the cart, all works how it's supposed to ("Cart is empty message"), with the exception that the cart module still appears to have items in it. Clicking on "Proceed to Checkout" again indeed shows me that there are items in the cart. If I remove items from the cart using the module I get a 404 error message.
I initially thought these errors might have been something to do with the use of SEF URL's, specifically using sh404SEF but turning that off does not resolve the issue.
Help!!! I'm going crazy with this!
www.designcutz.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please make sure that all the caching is disabled on your website:
Disable the cache in Joomla configuration.
Site -> global configuration -> system -> "Cache settings".
Disable, if it's enabled, a joomla cache plugin.
Check your template' options for a potential cache option and deactivate it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Cache wasn't enabled in global config
Cache wasn't published in plugins
Problem still remains. The template I've used is built in Artisteer which as far as I can tell does not have any caching options.
Any other ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="<?php echo $this->params->get('url');?>"/>
to:
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="<?php echo hikashop_currentURL();?>"/>
in the file "cart" of the view "product" of your front end template via the menu Display->Views ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, I think I've also stumbled across the real culprit. An extension called "Securitycheck" which I thought had been disabled but somehow became re-enabled. As I understood it, this extension just looked at your active extensions and advised as to whether there were updates available. This also has a plugin that adds "security", after I "fixed" the problem using your solution above, I re-enabled sh404SEF and all was going well until I went to checkout and then got a 400 error message indicating that I looked like a hacker "too many requests". I remember having this issue before and so when I went and looked at this plugin, I found it had been enabled, once again, disabling it and proper operation was restored. I even went back and "unfixed" the "cart" file and the problem seemed to be gone. Re-enabling Securitycheck and it came back.
Sorry for being a pain on this one but I hope what I discovered will help someone else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm having a similar issue (as I mention in www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/8...earing-the-cart.html )
I've tried your following tips (changing the line of code and disabling the cache) but that is still not resolving my issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've get my index page of www.lastseasons.co.uk/ set in Configuration for the 'URL where to redirect when the cart is empty' field. Is there somewhere else, maybe in the Views that I should be looking?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried to add/remove products to/from the cart on your website and didn't had any problem. Either you fixed it or the problem is related to your browser cache or something. For me everything is ok.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's fine if you are on the front page, or on the product page.
The problem is only if you try clearing the cart by pressing the X (using the cart on the right hand side of the screen) while you are on the Checkout screen or subsequent payment pages that causes the 404.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It sounds like the "URL when cart is empty" option of your hikashop configuration is not configured properly.
Can you check that you have a valid URL there ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've got www.lastseasons.co.uk/ which is the frontpage of my site.
I think the issue might be that I upgraded recently, but my product/cart.php has a customization so it's still classed as 1.6.0. However if I remove the customization I get a big 'Proceed to checkout' button and I don't know how to restore my current design with the small cart on the left (I've taken over this website from someone else).
If I remove the customization so it updates to the latest version I could see if that helps, but then could you advise how I style it like how it currently looks?
Hope I'm making sense!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In first time you can save the content of your current "product / cart" view in an external file to not lose the changes.
Then delete the customization, you can then use something like "winmerge" to see differences between files, and use back your previous modifications.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've tried using Winmerge like you said, but I'll be honest and I don't know exactly what I'm doing when it comes with code.
I'm uploading the php for my current and what would be my new product/cart. I can see that icon_cart.png class="small_cart_icon" is probably what I need, but I have no idea where it would go in the updated code!
Note: This is matps, I've had to sign up a new account for work reasons.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here is the file with the new version and your modifications applied to it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm afraid that didn't work, it kept the 'Proceed to checkout' blue button, and I still had 404's when trying to clear it from the Checkout page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you try to set the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration to a hikashop menu item ? Does that help ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Feel free to access my site, but don't be surprise if it takes a very long time to load or even time out. I subscribe for the cheapest hosting plan. I've just known that my plan has 1 MB for a shared international bandwidth.
========
Right now, I'm facing this problem too :sick:
JoomSEF + Hikashop
when I had tried to delete an item from the cart module, I got 404 not found. Of course, when I disabled SEF, everything works fine.
I tried to follow your instruction above ( replacing by <input type="hidden" name="url" value="<?php echo hikashop_currentURL();?>"/> ) but it doesn't work and the weird thing happen. My Google Chrome showed the php source code when I had deleted my cart, very weird.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for the late reply, do you have solved your problem ?
If not, thanks to update your hikashop version, try to remove views customizations or things like that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.