1.5.8 to 1.6.0 Product Pictures stopped working
- Bill Finkelstein
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Going from 1.5.8 to 1.6.0 all product pictures stopped working (got an invalid picture Icon).
Had to fall back and restore my site.
Lost some users and orders in history.
Very Annoying!
I SUGGEST PULLING THE UPDATE UNTIL YOU CAN RESOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS BEING REPORTED. :ohmy:
Regards,
Bill
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Were you using a specific template or did you edited your views? The problem may come from here.
Once you edited a vew, Hikashop does not erase in order to keep your customizations efficient.
However, in this case, your view isn't update with the last modifications we made.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We won't pull the update.
You're the first one with an image display issue after the update.
It must be something quite specific.
We would need more information to help you. Could you do a copy of your website in a subfolder or another domain and update HikaShop and give us a link to it so that we can look at the issue ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bill Finkelstein
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I'm using template JA-Purity II.
I did edit a minor view setting, but I don't have my notes handy as to what that was. I don't believe it had anything to do with the photos.
Fortunately when I restored our site, I did it to a new directory and kept a URL to the updated version with the problem live. You can access it at:
old2.marymackdesigns.com/
Regards,
Bill
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bill Finkelstein
-
Topic Author
- Offline
the "old2.marymackdesigns.com" url is still active and shows that result. That's now my testbed for checking out your updates. I'm still live with your old version on my restored copy.
Thank you for your effort, but as of right now, no joy.
Regards,
Bill Finkelstein
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
See for example this URL:
old2.marymackdesigns.com/images/store/th...00/2046_51702136.jpg
You should check the access rights in the folder images/store and images/store/thumbnail_200x200 and that should solve the problem automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bill Finkelstein
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Just to be sure, I set the permissions for the Store images and directories to 0777 but the 403 Forbidden error still occurs.
This started right when I installed your original update. I also checked the operational version at www. (not old2.) and it does not display this problem.
for example:
www.marymackdesigns.com/images/store/1090.jpg works
old2.marymackdesigns.com/images/store/1090.jpg does not work.
I didn't make any other changes to the site other than installing your update, when this problem started.
Any idea what caused this or how to fix it?
Thank you for looking into this.
Regards,
Bill Finkelstein
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Shane
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We have improved HikaShop thumbnail creation process and because of that all thumbnails have to be recreated.
That's done automatically by HikaShop. But on your website, HikaShop apparently don't have the access rights to do that. Because of that, the images don't display anymore.
You might want to check the access rights of these folders/files with your hosting company.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bill Finkelstein
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've gone into:
media/com_hikashop/upload
I already had 755 on all folders and 644 on all files. I believe this is what it's supposed to be.
Just for fun, I set folders to 777. Went to the product, deleted the images, uploaded a new one, and still no image appears. When I hit apply, it shows up. But on checkout, the image still shows as missing. I can click the missing image and the full size image appears.
Here is the product in question:
www.windowfanz.com/index.php?option=com_...niversity&Itemid=222
thanks
Shane
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This is Hika as I'm using DJ-ImageSlider for products and there is no change there using images.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So just to confirm.
I manually set the permissions on the entire upload folder to 777 for all folders, and 644 for files.
I have confirmed that my missing image should be stored here:
www.windowfanz.com/media/com_hikashop/up...uarter_596989375.jpg
The folder permissions are 777
I then deleted all my pictures for that product, and uploaded new ones. Same behavior. The picture doesn't show up until I hit apply. The picture is listed as missing and should have been created at the above path:
www.windowfanz.com/media/com_hikashop/up...uarter_596989375.jpg
it didn't get created despite having 777 on that folder. As a stop gap, I manually uploaded the image to that folder and now the image shows up at checkout, but, it is clear the automated thumbnail generation is now broken on 1.6.0 So it cannot, in my view be a permissions issue. It's more like the thumbnail generation script is broken
thanks
shane
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
mtangelcv.com/index.php?option=com_hikas...ar-butter&Itemid=265
I have set all permissions as discussed above. I cannot role back to 1.5.9 as it seems the "view" files somehow did get affected.
Thanks!
******************************
UPDATE
******************************
My PNG images display fine. It's the JPGs that I'm having trouble with.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see why it would work for some and not for others.
Maybe the size of the images is different and that explains why it works for not an not others ?
Since several of you have the problem, there must indeed by a specific issue which only happens in some conditions that we are not able to reproduce on our end.
We would need a back end and FTP access to reproduce the problem as we can't reproduce it on our end.
It would help if you could provide that via our contact form (with a link to this thread):
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bill Finkelstein
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Regards,
Bill
p.s. We didn't talk about what version of Joomla we're on in the past. May be relevant. It's the latest: 2.5.6
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The images on bigchumpy's website seems fine as far as we could see.
For Bill Finkelstein's website, there is definitely an access right issue. Even the media manager of Joomla cannot display the images. We would have required a FTP account in order to look at the permissions of the images.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.